The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
SLS
Finish the'71..or bust!

How Many?? 1969 LWB w/396 BB and A/C...

I went to look at yet another truck today.

It is a 1969 LWB CST/10 that came from the factory with a 396 and AC. Also has power steering. (no power brakes).

Anothe rneat thing about the truck is that it had shoulder harness seatbelts installed. I don't know if they are factory units but the 'red' color matched the rest of the interior...and the 'fading' looked 'correct'...LOL. Anybody got a pic of the original seatbelts in this configuration (especially the plastic box-thingy at the floor)????

It originally had a '3 on the tree'...but now has a 400 turbo trans....with a floor-mounted shifter. Looks like a typical 4-speed-as it still has the clutch pedal mounted.

Not sure if the 396 is the 'original motor'...but the current owner believes it is. He even had most of the original sales paperwork and even had the Protect-O-Plate. Over all it was a pretty decent truck. Steel floor was even straight.

Only real issue was the ol' battery problem...needs passenger inner and outer fenders and radiator cross support. Otherwise the old truck was pretty straight!

My question is.....are '69 Big Blocks w/ Air uncommon? If it was a SWB I would have to jump on it regardless.....but still, I could use a decent 'work' truck.

Also, would it be a big PITA to add a power brake booster to this truck? It still has it's original 6-lugs w/drums on all 4 corners.

Thanks for any info!

Last edited by SLS; 08-14-2004 at 05:59 PM.
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:57 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Sounds like a cool truck. I don't think they were so much produced in low numbers, but there sure seems to be a shortage of them these days.
The seat belts are probably not original.
Quote:
Anybody got a pic of the original seatbelts in this configuration (especially the plastic box-thingy at the floor)????
There should be no 'box' on the floor. The shoulder harness is just like the lap belt, but it bolts to the piller instead of the floor on one end. There would actually be 2 buckles on easch side. One for the lap belt, and then one for the optional shoulder belt. No racheting or anything like that.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 12:28 AM   #3
dtlilly
Account Suspended

The data sticker on the inside of the glovebox door should give you the trucks options. The protecto plate will help you search out original owners and such.
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:08 AM   #4
SLS
Finish the'71..or bust!

Thanks for the info guys!

The seatbelt/shoulder belt system must not be original as it is a 'loop' tye of setup. It has a retractor gizmo that is mounted to the floor next to the seat and the belt goes up to a oval-shaped ring on the pillar...one buckle....continous loop.
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote