The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2023, 04:25 PM   #26
Robznob11

Re: custom led tail lights made to order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
I bought a set of your LEDs, like the pictured ones in post 21 in this thread, from a friend who got em from u but never installed them and decided to go another way for lighting. I installed the reverse boards and taillights and wow they are bright The taillights, signal lights and barke lights all work super but when I put my 4 way flashers on the taillights do not flash but fronts with normal bulbs do. I'm thinking do I need a resistor in the taillight wiring to make em work or anything else u can think of or is there something in your design that is stopping them from working. I have a 72 C10.
Sir, typically when you have leds on all 4 corners you will leed led flashers. Led flashers are polarity sensitive. I don't really like the cheap plug in ones, not even those with the ground strap. I always recommend to my customers a Grote 44010 solid state flasher. You will probably need one for turns and one for Hazard. Pull the stock flasher and use a test light to see which side has 12v then hook the red wire to it. Hook the green to the side with no voltage and black to ground. Many times the Hazzard is opposite of the turn so check them both.

One thing you can check before that is the side marker lights on the front. Gm has a brown (park wire) going to one lead and the other side is hooked to the light bulb or dark blue turnsignal wire (depending on side) that works fine for normal bulbs but won't work for leds. Unhook the wire going to the blue or light blue and ground it to the body (sidemarker bulb side not the feed) this will keep the voltage from back feeding through the system. Your markers will be park only no blink.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 04:44 PM   #27
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robznob11 View Post
Sir, typically when you have leds on all 4 corners you will leed led flashers. Led flashers are polarity sensitive. I don't really like the cheap plug in ones, not even those with the ground strap. I always recommend to my customers a Grote 44010 solid state flasher. You will probably need one for turns and one for Hazard. Pull the stock flasher and use a test light to see which side has 12v then hook the red wire to it. Hook the green to the side with no voltage and black to ground. Many times the Hazzard is opposite of the turn so check them both.

One thing you can check before that is the side marker lights on the front. Gm has a brown (park wire) going to one lead and the other side is hooked to the light bulb or dark blue turnsignal wire (depending on side) that works fine for normal bulbs but won't work for leds. Unhook the wire going to the blue or light blue and ground it to the body (sidemarker bulb side not the feed) this will keep the voltage from back feeding through the system. Your markers will be park only no blink.

Thanks but maybe I didnt explain what I have properly. Your boards/lights work when braking, signaling or just being on and I do have LED Flashes on the truck. When I put my 4 way flashers on the front signal lights and side markers flash but the taillights do not. I have regular bulbs in my front flashers and side markers.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 04:56 PM   #28
Robznob11

Ok so that is very strange. What do they do? There is nothing on the boards to make them not blink. If the front ones are blinking that means the flasher is working therefore all should blink. Do you have the truck running? Low voltage? Sounds like a wiring issue. My assumption is that these are just my regular boards not sequential? If they work on turns, brakes and park. There is something funny going on with the wiring. Dm me on Instagram @disciple2.rc that way you can send videos

LED TAILS
Old 08-07-2023, 05:36 PM   #29
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Ok so that is very strange. What do they do? There is nothing on the boards to make them not blink. If the front ones are blinking that means the flasher is working therefore all should blink. Do you have the truck running? Low voltage? Sounds like a wiring issue. My assumption is that these are just my regular boards not sequential? If they work on turns, brakes and park. There is something funny going on with the wiring. Dm me on Instagram @disciple2.rc that way you can send videos
Thanks, I dont have Instagram. When I put the flashers on the taillights light up but dont flash and the front ones light and flash with the arker lights too. Thanks for the response I think I need a resistor in the taillight wiring to make em work. Im going to put a post in the Electrical Section and see if anyone has any ideas.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

Old 08-07-2023, 05:45 PM   #30
Robznob11

Quote:
I bought a set of your LEDs, like the pictured ones in post 21 in this thread, from a friend who got em from u but never installed them and decided to go another way for lighting. I installed the reverse boards and taillights and wow they are bright The taillights, signal lights and barke lights all work super but when I put my 4 way flashers on the taillights do not flash but fronts with normal bulbs do. I'm thinking do I need a resistor in the taillight wiring to make em work or anything else u can think of or is there something in your design that is stopping them from working. I have a 72 C10.
You absolutely do not need resistors. Your front bulbs flash meaning the load triggers the flasher to work. Resistors provide load when the flasher won't flash. You say they work correctly with all other functions are you positive. Can you pull the parking light on and it's dim and then flashes brighter for turns? Or did you see those functions separately? I ask because more than once I have seen the wires to the sockets reversed. It could be that the parking lights is supplying power to the bright side therefore they won't blink because the hazard or turn is triggering the dim side.

LED TAILS
Old 08-07-2023, 05:52 PM   #31
Robznob11

Quote:
Thanks, I dont have Instagram. When I put the flashers on the taillights light up but dont flash and the front ones light and flash with the arker lights too. Thanks for the response I think I need a resistor in the taillight wiring to make em work. Im going to put a post in the Electrical Section and see if anyone has any ideas.
The particular boards you have are solid state not digital. If you test each imput you should have a dim side and a bright side. Your front bulbs are providing enough load for the front to blink. If the front blinks then the back will also blink unless you have a wiring issue. I suspect reversed wires or you are not getting the signal to the back from the hazard flasher. The turns and signals use the same wires but are two separate circuits under the dash and utilize 2 different flashers and supply power.

LED TAILS
Old 08-07-2023, 06:34 PM   #32
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
You absolutely do not need resistors. Your front bulbs flash meaning the load triggers the flasher to work. Resistors provide load when the flasher won't flash. You say they work correctly with all other functions are you positive. Can you pull the parking light on and it's dim and then flashes brighter for turns? Or did you see those functions separately? I ask because more than once I have seen the wires to the sockets reversed. It could be that the parking lights is supplying power to the bright side therefore they won't blink because the hazard or turn is triggering the dim side.
" I ask because more than once I have seen the wires to the sockets reversed." Do you mean from factory ?

Old 08-07-2023, 06:50 PM   #33
Robznob11

Quote:
" I ask because more than once I have seen the wires to the sockets reversed." Do you mean from factory ?
It's possible yes. Regular bulbs have 2 filliments. They didn't care which performed which function. Leds are specific. If you have a dim park that gets bright with turn that is not the problem but if they ate bright on park and only blink with the parking lights off that's probably the issue.

LED TAILS