The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2023, 03:41 PM   #1
hevy_chevy67

GMC Pauls Front Fenders

Was wondering if anyone has used these fenders from GMC Pauls? They are advertised as being made from a new tooling and fixture jig in 2022. Just wondering if anyone has bought them and if the fit is as good as advertised?

https://gmcpauls.com/Body&Bumpers.htm
1969 GMC Suburban - 5.3 LS, 4L60e
hevy_chevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 11:53 AM   #2
Joyridin

Re: GMC Pauls Front Fenders

Does anybody know the brand GMCPaul's sell? They look like nice fenders, but their shipping is a bit too much..
Joyridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 01:52 PM   #3
chevmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyridin View Post
Does anybody know the brand GMCPaul's sell? They look like nice fenders, but their shipping is a bit too much..
I actually spoke with someone there regarding shipping cost once on a seat cover, and they indicated they do not get as good of a rate as other vendors, and would not negotiate, so I had to go elsewhere. I do not mind paying a little more, especially if quality is better, but when item is the same shipping is usually a deal breaker. And their website leaves something to be desired, or is it just me??
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 03:08 PM   #4
NGN

Would the cost for shipping be per fender or per order? Like if I buy two fenders would the shipping double?
NGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 07:28 PM   #5
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGN View Post
Would the cost for shipping be per fender or per order? Like if I buy two fenders would the shipping double?

Shipping is getting more location based so I would just call the vendors and ask. I think some of the postage is going up the end of January next year so if you are thinking about buying any big ticket items I would think about doing it before then.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 11:51 AM   #6
Joyridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGN View Post
In most cases, it goes by the dollar amount spent, but the fenders are shipped via freight, so that might be per fender.

National Parts Depot is also claiming their fenders have new dies etc. They are a bit more per fender, but I can drive and pick them up. Getting any info out of them is like pulling teeth though as far as metal thickness.
Old 10-22-2023, 07:51 PM   #7
chevmn

Not trying to get too far off topic, but shipping is often a negotiated rate with a carrier. The company I retired from had a VERY good rate with FedEx and they shipped pretty much exclusively with them, and they provided software, scales, etc. Once I shipped a tilt column boxed in a wooden box (heavy and long) using their account (reimbursed them), and it was only a little over $7.00 to ship. I also sent an overnight small packet to Nevada from MO, and no charge on that believe it or not) That sort of explains why individuals pay high prices, while large companies might get extremely good rates. My guess is some of the large companies may actually be making money on shipping if they do enough with one carrier.
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 08:40 AM   #8
Joyridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevmn View Post
Not trying to get too far off topic, but shipping is often a negotiated rate with a carrier. The company I retired from had a VERY good rate with FedEx and they shipped pretty much exclusively with them, and they provided software, scales, etc. Once I shipped a tilt column boxed in a wooden box (heavy and long) using their account (reimbursed them), and it was only a little over $7.00 to ship. I also sent an overnight small packet to Nevada from MO, and no charge on that believe it or not) That sort of explains why individuals pay high prices, while large companies might get extremely good rates. My guess is some of the large companies may actually be making money on shipping if they do enough with one carrier.
This is just a guess, but I doubt GMCPauls is carrying these fenders in their inventory. I would guess they are being shipped directly from the manufacturer.

I know when I bought some of the other stuff from them that was large, it came from the manufacturer.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:08 PM   #9
54blackhornet

My local UPS driver just told me that they lost the Amazon account to the USPS. They where charging $4.00 a package, USPS $3.30
Old 10-25-2023, 02:27 AM   #10
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54blackhornet View Post
My local UPS driver just told me that they lost the Amazon account to the USPS. They where charging $4.00 a package, USPS $3.30
Maybe that is the reason (Amazon) UPS added an "adjustment" to shipping on my last package, I paid for the label and an adjustment was applied after I received it. It was a large but light package. Original shipping was about $64, I purchased the label from UPS. A $66 dollar adjustment was added to my bill. Refused to pay the adjustment and somehow they deducted the full amount from my account. So shipping was free, even with that. Doubt I will ever use UPS to ship anything in the future.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote