The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2004, 09:23 PM   #1
BeerMonkeY
sold

bagged 87 and older owners

ia everyone running a lower cup, i was thinking about taking mine out , but dont know if i would need to cut the lca. im trying to get a couple more incs of drop for free.

looking for 73-87 crew cab with 8' bed,2wd,PM me if you see one around
BeerMonkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 10:46 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

How are you going to locate the bag at the bottom if you take the cup off. You can't bolt it in at the bottom. I don't see how not having the cup wi lll let you get any lower. Your LCA's will drag long before that. Here's a pic of my 82 Blazer.....
Attached Images

N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #3
BeerMonkeY
sold

well i still have stock spindles, and a tall wheel/tire combo. so i figured without the cup the truck will sit that much lower. what components do you have into that setup there?

Old 08-16-2004, 10:21 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Dude get some spindles! I think your asking for trouble by taking the cups out. The bag may stay in place but I'll bet it rubs the spring pocket and pops.

What your looking at is 3" spindles, bags and the fender liners removed. At the time that pic was taken I had 245/55/18's on front....
Old 08-16-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
BeerMonkeY
sold

how are your bags mounted? mine use a upper plate that kinda "boxs" in the a-arm and a lower cup.

Old 08-16-2004, 05:58 PM   #6
BaggedC10
Under construction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY
how are your bags mounted? mine use a upper plate that kinda "boxs" in the a-arm and a lower cup.

Ken has ART's Cool-Ride kit, as do I. BTW, I agree w/ Ken that removing the lower cup is a bad idea. Purchase a pair of 3" spindles, remove the wheel houses, and be done.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #7
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY
Yeah that's pretty much standard. The upper plate cover where the spring once was and the cup rides in the spring pocket down below. If you remove the cup the base of the bag will be resting in the spring pocket. The bottom of the bag was never designed to take the abuse of rubbing against the LCA. You may get away with it for a while, but my guess is it will fail pretty quick....
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2004, 11:48 AM   #8
SledBurban

Those look alot like the brackets from www.*****************, how difficult was the install and what bag are you using, any rubbing and what is a good estimation for the amount of lift you got? My truck is dropped about 5 1/2 inches in the front and dragging the ever loving christ out of the lca's and the y-pipe..... rides really good for spindles and cut coils----never order from shaim!!!! they sent me 1 ton coils so I had to cut the factory's..arg

SledBurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #9
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledBurban
Those look alot like the brackets from www.*****************, how difficult was the install and what bag are you using, any rubbing and what is a good estimation for the amount of lift you got? My truck is dropped about 5 1/2 inches in the front and dragging the ever loving christ out of the lca's and the y-pipe..... rides really good for spindles and cut coils----never order from shaim!!!! they sent me 1 ton coils so I had to cut the factory's..arg

I had the same setup as Ken and it rode great and laid the lca's, I had 235-60/15's.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:56 PM   #10
SledBurban

Hey 5-8 chevy, I used to post on fullsizechevy.com under the username Dragula.....thats my burb, finally dropped..... if you still run around in the mid-cities area you should stop by the sonic on 26 in front of north hill's mall onn a tuesday night about 8:30, we have a purely truck hangout going and dont get kicked out, couple bagged and bodydropped trucks are always out and it's usually pretty cool. l8er
SledBurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 04:57 PM   #11
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledBurban
Hey 5-8 chevy, I used to post on fullsizechevy.com under the username Dragula.....thats my burb, finally dropped..... if you still run around in the mid-cities area you should stop by the sonic on 26 in front of north hill's mall onn a tuesday night about 8:30, we have a purely truck hangout going and dont get kicked out, couple bagged and bodydropped trucks are always out and it's usually pretty cool. l8er
That's coo. I'll have to check it out sometime soon.

Truck's lookin' good.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:26 PM   #12
BeerMonkeY
sold

i have the stuff from suicide and it worked fine , only cutting i had to do was the bunpstop /sterring lock thing.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:28 PM   #13
loweredd
www.loweredd.com

I used upper and lower cups from the next body style up from ours. 88+ trucks. It locates the bag higher in the spring pocket up top. It mounts differently on the top cup however. Depending on what size wheel/tire combo you will be runing, this will get you lower aired out then our model specific mounts, IF the compressed bag/mount combo is holding you up.

Right now, when completely airless, my arms and crossmember are at least 2" off the ground.
loweredd is offline   Reply With Quote