The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2004, 05:40 PM   #1
Huskerboy2

'71 Custom, Should I Buy It???

I found a '71 in a little town here in Texas. It was sitting in this guys yard. I've seen it off the highway many times and I finally decided to stop and ask about it.

It's a '71 Custom, long box. original 350, 3 speed with about 103K actual miles on it. It's got air, although it doesn't work, power steering and disc brakes. Original paint and it's pretty straight overall and still wearing it's original paint. As for rust, the box is solid. Just surface rust on the steel floor. The cab corners look alright, the doors are pretty solid, although somebody cut some speaker holes. The rockers and floor boards are shot. Front fenders look solid too. Cracked windshield, aftermarket radio, but at least they didn't cut the dash to put it in, cracks in the inner grill, a few dings on the outer grill.

The truck runs and drives supposedly, but it needs a carrier bearing, which the old boy is going to put in. I asked him what he would want for it. He said he didn't know. I offered him $500. He thought about it. Then he said he was thinking more like a thousand. He said he would have the carrier bearing in it in the next few days. I'm thinking about letting him get it running and then offering to split the difference with him at $750. What do you guys think? I don't see how I could really get hurt on it.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:43 PM   #2
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

WITHOUT PIC'S , THAT IS PROBABLY A FAIR PRICE TO PAY, IMO
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:53 PM   #3
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Couldn't go wrong with that price.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote