The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2024, 10:30 AM   #14
old51sedan

Re: L6's with Offenhauser 4 barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
>>sedan with a 235, has Fenton headers (they are drilled and tapped for heating) with just the original carb. I ran copper tubing from the headers to a plate on the bottom of the manifold right below the carb.<<

I've seen plenty of pictures of the Chevy 235 Fenton cast headers, but never with the carb heat tubes connected. In order for the hot exhaust gases to pass through the tubing, one tubing end will have to be connected to a location with lower pressure, than the feed tubing.

You could use a angled tube like used for Crankcase Evacuation Systems. You wouldn't use the one-way valve because you're connecting exhaust to exhaust.

Yes, the 292 is cold blooded and I bet you'd do better with a manual choke, rather than the electric.
I cannot think of any reason as to why I would want to block it off. I say this because of the way my 235 runs installed this way and the fact that if I was running this intake with the original exhaust they would be mated together anyway. My 235 has a manual choke and works well, if I do this I can tell how well the automatic choke does compared to the manual.Here's a silly question, with 2 lines running to this plate each from different cylinders, will the air circulate with the opening and closing of the exhaust valves at least to some extent? It would have to in order to keep warm air under the carb correct?
old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote