The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2024, 07:12 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Dr Appointment good grief

So I need to get my ears/hearing checked, got a few issues.

Set up my appointment today, it takes two. One for the test, one for the Dr.

I can hear the guy clacking along on his keyboard ... Ok I can get you in for the test on Oct 22 and the Dr on Nov 12. I sorta snorted and I said I bet you get that all the time lol.

It took me over a year to get my neck and shoulder surgeries scheduled and done. Wonder if there are any instances when they can get you in right away?

Hmmm OK sir I see you have been in a serious auto accident, but I understand you are still breathing, lets just see when I can get you in to see the Dr.
Old 06-20-2024, 08:03 PM   #2
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Re: Dr Appointment good grief

Sorry to hear that but you are not alone, and it is frustrating to say the least. Saw in the news recently that our area is suffering from an acute doctor shortage with no relief in sight. There's probably a lot of places in the same situation. Our doctor has told us what she believes to be the primary problem, but I can't say much about it here without getting into trouble.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 09:37 PM   #3
Boog
laying low

Dale's got room.

2 or 3 visits now days to see a dr is normal they say. I say it's their way of milking us out of more money.
A while back I went to the dentist for a broken tooth removal. 2nd time to see a dentist in my life. Anyway I wanted the tooth yanked out so I stopped taking my heart meds before going in. They took their 47 pics of all my teeth and gave me some med to relieve the infection and said we have you down for 3 weeks from now for the removal. I said I have already stopped my heart meds in anticipation for the yankin. Oh, well, that changes things. Got me in right away and lined me up for all kinds of dental work to the tune of a couple thousand bucks. I said uhuh. Yank the tooth and I'll be gone. See ya!
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 09:45 PM   #4
weq92f

-Kevin
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold

Last edited by weq92f; 06-20-2024 at 11:21 PM.
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 09:58 PM   #5
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

After my regular Dr retired abruptly, my New (Kaiser) Dr said his appointments are about 6-7 weeks out. His patient base is 2075 people. Hate to think if I have a serious illness
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 10:04 PM   #6
Getter-Done

I feel your pain.

I had to take my wife to the ER this past weekend.

We waited 4 hrs. the room cleared out Twice.

We were the last ones in.

Then they sent her to the hospital closer to the house that I didn't want to go to Because they are even Slower.

She is doing better now.

My whole last weekend was in the ER
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 11:53 PM   #7
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Dale's got room.
Funny you should say that, I was thinking the same thing before I posted!

Quote:
2 or 3 visits now days to see a dr is normal they say. I say it's their way of milking us out of more money.
Great minds think alike. I've had a fair amount of dental work over the years. A crown used to take 2 visits (one to prep, another to place it), now it's always 3 visits. $$$ every time.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Old 06-21-2024, 12:16 AM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Four months out, maybe all my issues will go away by then heh. I know it didn’t used to be like this. I lost a fantastic Dr when things changed, she left private practice.

Something I hadn’t considered when I made the appointment is that I turn 65 two weeks beforehand. My insurance changes, sheesh it’s always something. But he did put me on the cancellation list so maybe?

G-D I hope your wife is doing well!
Old 06-21-2024, 08:55 AM   #9
1slo64

I always make sure to have them call me if they have a cancellation.
Old 06-21-2024, 09:59 AM   #10
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Unhappy Re: Dr Appointment good grief

maybe it's a nationwide problem with a shortage of doctors, i honestly don't know but i too have Kaiser insurance and have been dealing with shortness of breath and severe chest pain anytime i try physical activity, mowing the yard, grocery shopping etc. i've done a breathing test, chest x-rays, heart stress test with dye injected into me, some sort of lung test with dye injected in me, sleep apnea test and so far they find nothing wrong- this has been going on for well over 2 years since it takes months to even get an appointment for each test. i have another test next month on the treadmill with a bunch of wires hooked to me i guess. i don't think it's a heart attack since it's happened hundreds of times and i really doubt a person can have that many heart attacks and live to talk about it.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 10:05 AM   #11
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Yes Doctors are booked full a year out or more ..The other day when I was in to see the Dr he told me to make a appointment at the desk on the way out for a wellness visit a year from now ..so at the desk,, when I ask for 3 different times in June next year they were alll ready taking ,, and I like real early in the morning visits ..bummer Mark I think we are all in this waiting at the Dr's togther all over America .
Old 06-21-2024, 03:30 PM   #12
prairewolf

There is a sayin floating/being said off and on. Own Your Health ! the bottom line, gouge happy, we will not leave ANY money on the table people could not care less about that statement. I think some people in money circles have gotten use to making so much doing so little, they want to do less now and make more. my state was bragged up OR down recently as having the 2nd highest healthcare costs in the country if I read it right. Anyhow, on local craigslist there is a 85 K30 4x4 for 75k$ with 700plus Hp 200K$ invested. if my link posting was any good I would share the brighter side of life showing that.

life is good, thanks for listening.
Old 06-21-2024, 04:25 PM   #13
Shifty One

Ain't socialized medicine grand?

1998 C2500 lot-rot rescue
Shifty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 06:15 PM   #14
AussieinNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
maybe it's a nationwide problem with a shortage of doctors, i honestly don't know but i too have Kaiser insurance and have been dealing with shortness of breath and severe chest pain anytime i try physical activity, mowing the yard, grocery shopping etc. i've done a breathing test, chest x-rays, heart stress test with dye injected into me, some sort of lung test with dye injected in me, sleep apnea test and so far they find nothing wrong- this has been going on for well over 2 years since it takes months to even get an appointment for each test. i have another test next month on the treadmill with a bunch of wires hooked to me i guess. i don't think it's a heart attack since it's happened hundreds of times and i really doubt a person can have that many heart attacks and live to talk about it.
Am not a Dr....but can feel your pain...I am in constant AFIB,,,,its a simple test that shows up on an EKG....or buy a Kardia unit off of Amazon for $75...your issues sound just like AFIB to me

2006 Chevy Silverado (Daily Driver)
2012 Chevy Equinox

AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 06:16 PM   #15
kwmech

One of my favorite Doctors passed away a few years back. Harvey was awesome, he even wrote a couple of books. One of them being ''Doctors are more harmful than germs". My other doctor retired a couple years back and his daughter took over the practice. She's good, but I liked Chris better. NO doctors locally are taking in new patients. Same as stated in here, everybody is booked up a year or more in advance. I've got to stop hurting myself and falling out of trees
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 07:38 PM   #16
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
One of my favorite Doctors passed away a few years back. Harvey was awesome, he even wrote a couple of books. One of them being ''Doctors are more harmful than germs". My other doctor retired a couple years back and his daughter took over the practice. She's good, but I liked Chris better. NO doctors locally are taking in new patients. Same as stated in here, everybody is booked up a year or more in advance. I've got to stop hurting myself and falling out of trees
Similar but different..... the rheumatologist I had been seeing since 2009 retired a little over a year ago. So did the doc he shared an office with, the office closed, and now the nearest rheumatologist is 3 hours away. All told, it's a 360 mile round trip. Good news is, she seems like a good doctor, and every other visit is a phone call.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Old 06-21-2024, 10:01 PM   #17
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Thumbs up Re: Dr Appointment good grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
Am not a Dr....but can feel your pain...I am in constant AFIB,,,,its a simple test that shows up on an EKG....or buy a Kardia unit off of Amazon for $75...your issues sound just like AFIB to me
I just looked up the symptoms of AFIB and I do have several of them, i'll mention it to the doctors when i go for the treadmill test next month.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 06-21-2024, 10:27 PM   #18
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post

But he did put me on the cancellation list so maybe?

G-D I hope your wife is doing well!

I hope you make the List.

Thanks My wife is back home now.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 12:58 PM   #19
kwmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
I just looked up the symptoms of AFIB and I do have several of them, i'll mention it to the doctors when i go for the treadmill test next month.
Have your magnesium levels checked. Mother in law has afib issues and is treating partially with magnesium.

https://pureessencelabs.com/products...magnesium-plus

this stuff is awesome, I take it also and has worked wonders for my muscle cramps
Old 06-22-2024, 03:43 PM   #20
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Have your magnesium levels checked. Mother in law has afib issues and is treating partially with magnesium.

https://pureessencelabs.com/products...magnesium-plus

this stuff is awesome, I take it also and has worked wonders for my muscle cramps

I don't have time right now to do more looking but that site says it is unavailable. Maybe they will get it back in stock shortly....

I also have problems with muscle cramps.

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 03:56 PM   #21
kwmech

It's available, maybe not from that site, but Several places have it with Amazon of course. I get it from a company in So Cal called:

https://www.allstarhealth.com/

this takes you direct:

https://www.allstarhealth.com/f/pure...esium_plus.htm
Old 06-22-2024, 04:13 PM   #22
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I also have problems with muscle cramps.
So did I, leg & foot cramps, usually at night. Tried tonic water at my doctor's suggestion. The quinine in it is what can help. Some people say it doesn't work for them, but I can't recall the last time I had cramps.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Old 06-22-2024, 04:14 PM   #23
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Smile Re: Dr Appointment good grief

at this point i'm willing to try almost anything, when the pain hits i can sit/lay down for a few minutes and once i'm able to take in a good deep breath i'm good to go til it hits again.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 06-22-2024, 05:34 PM   #24
Sheepdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
So did I, leg & foot cramps, usually at night. Tried tonic water at my doctor's suggestion. The quinine in it is what can help. Some people say it doesn't work for them, but I can't recall the last time I had cramps.
I use Calm, my daughter who is the supplement Guru told me about it. Have not had a muscle cramp in 10 years, used to get them almost every night in my leg calves when I went to bed or just waking up in the morning. Very, Very Painful cramps! I like the Lemon, I take some every night with my other
"Old Man" meds and keeps me regular too!

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vital.../dp/B00BPUY3W0
Sheepdip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 05:45 PM   #25
kwmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Quinine is naturally occurring in Grape Fruit Juice, not in large quantities though, but I've always wondered why the doctors say you cannot take heart meds with grapefruit. Wonder if it does the same thing.. only cheaper