The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2024, 08:23 PM   #15
jumpsoffrock

Re: LS conversion with Saginaw 3 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
>>Definitely agree with all that but if you’ve ever run a three on the tree through the gears, you can’t put a price on that.<<

Ya, $0.00 There's nothing sexy, useful or nostalgic about shifting a "H" pattern on a column.
I have driven many late 40s, 50s and 60s vehicles with a column shift and hated every one of them. Actually, I drove a few floor shift 3-spd cars and didn't like them much either.
It's totally cool that you're replying to him, I'm not complaing about ther lol......but FWIW........
his quote was actually replying to my initial post and what makes that funny is that I actually daily drive an "off-brand" truck with an I6 and 3-on-the-tree.

I wanted an OD manual trans but after a few years I realized I actually really like the extra space from not having a shifter on the floor, makes having 3 people in the truck bearable.

My point is: while OP might be making things hard for himself, I understand what a guy likes about a column shift, I drive one every day.

Side note: my truck is old and has 3.92 gears, it is slow and revvs relatively high for each given speed. and that sucks.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote