The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-05-2024, 11:24 AM   #1
kglowacky

hood ID

Just received a new hood insulator for my 78 Silverado. Got it on ebay from bow tie parts. Looks great problem is my hood has 22 hole fasteners and this has 19. The difference is the new insulator has 3 holes right down the center of the hood. My hood has zero down the center but 3 on each side of the center. I know I can just drill 3 new holes but curious what hood I have, any thoughts? Got a email in to bow tie,

Last edited by kglowacky; 07-05-2024 at 11:47 AM.
kglowacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 08:57 PM   #2
kglowacky

Re: hood ID

update> Bow Tie Bits says I have a rare hood that requires a 2 piece hood insulator. Anyone ever heard of this. Or was my hood replaced at some point? Not sure if I will return for the correct one or drill the three holes needed to install. Not sure it will look acceptable if I install it.
kglowacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 12:56 AM   #3
Bloodhound

Re: hood ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglowacky View Post
update> Bow Tie Bits says I have a rare hood that requires a 2 piece hood insulator. Anyone ever heard of this. Or was my hood replaced at some point? Not sure if I will return for the correct one or drill the three holes needed to install. Not sure it will look acceptable if I install it.
They do have the 2 piece one on their website. I've never heard of it, but they must make it for a reason.

https://www.bowtiebits.com/store/sto...ategory_ID=122
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote