The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 05:58 PM   #476
VWNate1

Smile Re: 55 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

That's a lovely photo .

I guess we age out, it was 100 + degrees here today yet I was out working in it for 6 hours before quitting .

I have thermometers inside most of my vehicles, after I cleaned up I got in my old VW Bug and it was 140* F, whew . cooled right off to 100* as soon as I opened the windows and began moving .

I hope your fender re spray job works out, I don't think the bed liner on fenders will work out but keep me posted .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH
VWNate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:04 PM   #477
vintovka

Re: 55 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Being Sicilian i have a really low melting point that goes with my volatile temperament. My tribe were always near ocean dwellers and miserable when out of element. Barely survived Living in Las Vegas and E. LA. Love this sunny 63F weather and just finished a test cruise up and down 101 with a short side visit to gorgeous Cleawox Lake. Was testing couple issues including carb tune, new plugs and wires and sound system remote operation. All worked fine and really enjoyed tunes on th SD from Doors, Beach boys, Tull and even the whole of Guthries "Alices Restaurant Massacre". Even got some complements on the sound system but tough to admit it all cost much less than $50 total. Given AD cab engine and running noise those that spends thousands on systems leave me dumbfounded. Speaking of which I do NOT understand how a just tune up can change engine heating. Stayed right at 190 whole time and never needed the big Spal. New amp puts out consistent 14-14.3.

My original plan was to actually do the the entire whole 54 inside and out in bedliner. At the time no-one knew about the colored type so no luck there. Did have the entire bed walls, inside gate, inside fenders and out side lower fender skirts done along with the running boards, cab floor and back walls. So far it great for both wear, sound dampening and rust resistance. Think painting and the final door fix will wait till winter. Too much fun to stop now!!

Oh BTW Mr Mossberg is in 12 gauge and loves all my BAIKAL brand "MADE IN USSR" marked ammo in no 6 and 7.5 shot. It seems half again more powerfull than USA made and kicks rather muleish. Have like a ton with extra available.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote