The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM   #1
jrusher

1984 K20 project

Picked this 84 up back in April was down in south west Washington close to Portland . Plan was to get it road worthy and inspected first off but like always these little projects seem to snowball. I had knee replacement surgery right after I got it home so wasn’t able to do much for a couple months.
First on the list was rebuilding the carb and finding a good donor bench seat. Then got rid of the wheels and found some period correct rims and new rubber . I found some mint factory hub caps so will run steeelies in the winter
Attached Images

jrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #2
jrusher

Re: 1984 K20 project

Found a nice bench seat , wheels and bought new rubber . One of the gas tanks was leaking so I replaced the right side tank along with the solenoid valve, selector switch and sending unit . I’ll replace the left side tank this fall I’m sure it’s in bad shape as well .
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #3
jrusher

New tank , I raptor lined the bottom and used por 15 the top . I left the plastic guard off the tank which accumulates to much road debris and crap. The right side inner fender had rotten out under the battery tray . Battery must of been leaking so it rotted out the inner fender along with the rad support on that right side . I found a perfect rad support at the junk yard but mine was in such good shape except for that one area so I opted to make a patch instead and repair it .
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #4
jrusher

Finished up the patch and while I was in there noticed my exhaust manifold was cracked . I knew I had an exhaust leak but first thought it was the donut gasket at down pipe connection . Anyways found a set of manifolds and replaced the one side . Put new brake hoses, rad and heater hoses as well . The mechanical part is pretty much done and ready for inspection . Have to bend up a new fuel line to the carb yet and replace my back reverse light harness and a few other wires at back of engine bay . Guy must of had a small fire when he had carb issues as a few wires are burnt up back there . i tried fitting the newer style tailgate band on the older incorrect tailgate but it didnt fit well so I found the correct tailgate. I'll color match the tailgate and get it on soon. Also found a nice factory step style bumper. I didnt care for the one that was on there and it was tweaked abit
Attached Images

Last edited by jrusher; Yesterday at 11:13 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #5
jrusher

So like most projects one thing leads to another and always seem to snowball lol. I found this nice dash pad on marketplace and grabbed it then I was like well I have to paint it then my door panels are so faded and will look like crap so I'll need to paint them and then headliner, window seals , vent window seals. Well the dash has holes in it for guys mounting crap to it so gotta weld up holes in dash and other holes in back of cab from mounting speakers etc. So stripped interior out and welded up holes and painted door jams and rockers since I was already doing the dash . A couple orders to USA1 and classic chev and I’m doing it all lol.. Got a patch from junkyard for stereo opening as i wanted a factory type deck as well
Attached Images

Last edited by jrusher; Yesterday at 11:36 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #6
GSP7

What did you pay for it $$$ ?

Pinstriping-Lettering-Specialty Painting
GSP7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #7
jrusher

I'll say it was well worth the drive! Hard to find a virtually rust free straight square body truck up here! Needed some luv like most but runs strong drives straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP7 View Post
What did you pay for it $$$ ?

Last edited by jrusher; Today at 12:31 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #8
jrusher

Used SEM shadow blue for paint on all the interior plastic . Color is a good match .
Attached Images

Old Today, 12:02 AM   #9
jrusher

New gauge cluster back section, lens and lights . Installed sound deadner, have to finish up the carpet then install amp and speakers
Attached Images

Last edited by jrusher; Today at 12:23 AM.
Old Today, 12:36 AM   #10
Lokin4AReason

its coming along nicely

keep the foto s coming . . .
Old Today, 01:30 AM   #11
jrusher

Thx .. Yes almost done anxious to get it on the road and start driving it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokin4AReason View Post