The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 08:13 PM   #151
IronCanine
I'm trying....

Re: 1970 K20 Z62 Full Restoration

Piddling post #2. I've put copper oil pressure lines on previous trucks...but I believe they were steel from the factory. It's hard to get a reasonable amount of 1/8" steel line at a reasonable price for this small job. So I cheated...I got aluminum line from an HVAC supplier. At least it'll be silver.

I got Weatherhead compression nuts from NAPA as suggested by LockDoc in this thread: https://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vbo...d.php?t=613238

The engine fitting and union to the gauge line are OE.

A 1-7/16" socket was about a perfect fit circumference-wise to make the loops.
Attached Images

IronCanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:21 PM   #152
IronCanine
I'm trying....

Piddling Post #3. I'm still struggling on the power steering hoses. I'm on the verge of making my own return line. NOS doesn't seem to be out there right now. And my original is not quite what I'd like it to be. So still looking.

Getting my "GM" labeled belts from gastanks.com as I've done before. But they don't have the "truck" part numbers, so I have to just buy them by size. I missed on a couple with the first order, so I'm waiting for swaps. They are very nice to deal with BTW.

And of course, still waiting on InLine Tube. Waiting...waiting...waiting and no progress...

So I started working on the NOS tail pipe that I found three years ago and has been hanging out and waiting. I had to peel off the original shipping label and do some light clean up and polishing. It is cool to see where it began its life. It has the part number stamped or etched on it in three places.
Attached Images

Old Today, 08:25 PM   #153
IronCanine
I'm trying....

Exciting Post! Eric finished painting the cab and it looks awesome. White first then base/clear for the exterior blue. The interior single stage and the exterior two stage agree with each other very well. I could not be happier.

She's quarantined now and he's moving on to other bits this week. I'm headed (hopefully) to pick up some bed parts on Thursday.

The beat goes on...
Attached Images