The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
Kas68c10

Possible Problem, need opinions......

Well,,, it seems I might have joined the club of members being burned buying parts from other members. On July 26 I corresponded with a member who advertised parts for sale. He sent me pics, and we arrived at a price.I had searched the review board and found a good comment about this member,no bad ones. He is a registered member with more posts than me.I was a little apprehensive, having never done this before, but I needed the parts and couldn't afford new. Due to pay pal problems (account verification) and vacation, I couldn't pay him until Aug 14. I returned from vacation on the 17th, and on the 22nd he sent me the weight and dimension of the packed parts,and said any day but Monday he can drop it off at a local warehouse. Since then, my shipper has tried to contact him, and I have sent pm and emails,with no response.

So, should I wait longer, or post his name and give him a bad review ? Is 2 weeks too short a time to wait ? I am now waiting on the parts to restore my
truck. There was no mentioin of vhis not being available, and b4 he always returned emails within a couple of days.

Opinions ?
1968 SWB Stepside, 250,pwr disc brake and tilt pwr steering, 5 spd tranny, HEI,Accel coil,K&N filter,Seat from a later truck with built in seatbelts, front and rear sway bars, moved gas tank to under the bed, headman hedders, new chrome bumpers,one wire alternator,Weber k550cub carburator...WORK IN PROGRESS, Freeland MI , Just bought a 72 Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!
Kas68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:04 PM   #2
Porkchop

Wait a little longer. It doesn't sound like he screwed you since he already sent box dimensions. Plus, it sounds like he waited over two weeks to get the money from you.
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:47 PM   #3
Kas68c10

Yeah, but at least I ok'd it with him before hand -that it would take a while to pay him.
I dont think he has screwed me, just maybe is too busy with work or something, but an email from him would be really nice. Gettin a little nervous I guess
1968 SWB Stepside, 250,pwr disc brake and tilt pwr steering, 5 spd tranny, HEI,Accel coil,K&N filter,Seat from a later truck with built in seatbelts, front and rear sway bars, moved gas tank to under the bed, headman hedders, new chrome bumpers,one wire alternator,Weber k550cub carburator...WORK IN PROGRESS, Freeland MI , Just bought a 72 Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!
Kas68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote