The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 06:23 PM   #1
72C203503ONTHETREE

Question Botboy, Wheres my parts?

I have tried PM'ing and e mailing him with no replies except on a previous thread that I deleted since he said he was sending the parts. I sent him a $50 Postal Service money order for a pair of smoked turn signal assemblies. This was over a month ago. He won't give me a tracking number or a shipping company name or even when he sent it, if he has yet. He has been on here so I know he read the previous posts and PM's. Can anyone here that may know him please find out whats going on before I have to resort to legal action? I don't want to make trouble for him if it's on the way, but if he hasnt sent it yet, I doubt he will.

Botboy-please send me the parts and get me a tracking number and shipping company name, or let me know what the long delays are from.

09 Challanger RT six speed in all black.

74 Datsun 710 wagon, all 1.8 liters of screaming Datsun power.

73 C10 long bed, 350/350 combo, nice shape.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:52 PM   #2
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

He's got a thread he answered on the parts board today.
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
Old 08-30-2004, 06:59 PM   #3
1969 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian694x4
...isn't he away at school or sumthin?
That is a luke warm excuse at best. If I ever sold anything on this board, I would make it my priority to get it mailed out ASAP, and to also keep in communication with the buyer. It appears he is not capable of either.

If he has the lenses with him, he should mail them out. If they are at home, he should communicate to mommy and daddy that they should mail them out, and then he should recover his parents expenses, no ifs ands or buts. That is how it should be.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:23 PM   #4
cdowns

if he's in school i hope he takes an ethics class
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 08-30-2004, 08:00 PM   #5
99-2door

I don't know when you paid him and such, but it does say this in his thread.

"Buy stuff and it will get shipped either the weekend of the 27th or over labor day weekend depending on when I get payment (I'll be back in minnesota on those dates). "
Old 08-30-2004, 08:12 PM   #6
zooza

He's losing credibility. Even if you are in school you should not start something you arent able to follow through with in a timely manner.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:18 PM   #7
BOSS
Just here to help

This post doesnt look good for him either way.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:43 PM   #8
72C203503ONTHETREE

He claimed he had the parts in his room at school over a week ago. I asked for a tracking number and the name of the shipping company's name. He has been on the board since I have asked him for it. Don't be too hard on him yet though, at least until he has a chance to reply. I will give him another week to get me my parts or at least give me a tracking number, then I will go with the legal route.

Old 08-31-2004, 12:40 AM   #9
dtlilly
Account Suspended

I hope everything works out for you on this. I read the last post and his responce to make everything good for those that were expecting parts
Old 08-31-2004, 12:56 PM   #10
botboy
Account Suspended

Shipped yesterday via USPS (www.usps.com) delivery confirmation number as follows:
0304 1070 0002 7017 9375
Shipped from the Iowa state campus memorial union post office.

I don't know where these PM's or emails are coming from, as I have not received a single email or PM since your last thread when I told you exactly what was going on and exactly what my intentions were (which I have since fulfilled). Which is especially inconsiderate (in my opinion) since I don't visit the 67-72 message board with any regular frequency as I don't do anything to my '67 or '72 any more except for sell parts off of them.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:19 PM   #11
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by botboy
I don't know where these PM's or emails are coming from, as I have not received a single email or PM since your last thread when I told you exactly what was going on and exactly what my intentions were (which I have since fulfilled). Which is especially inconsiderate (in my opinion) since I don't visit the 67-72 message board with any regular frequency as I don't do anything to my '67 or '72 any more except for sell parts off of them.
It's not inconsiderate of him to expect what he paid for.

When you post parts for sale you should continue to follow up on the transaction until all obligations are met. Since you don't frequent the board anymore, maybe consider not listing parts for sale until your @ home & have the time to dedicate to the sale. BTW.... I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I've followed this topic & thought I would offer a view from someone looking from the outside.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:12 PM   #12
botboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI
It's not inconsiderate of him to expect what he paid for.

When you post parts for sale you should continue to follow up on the transaction until all obligations are met. Since you don't frequent the board anymore, maybe consider not listing parts for sale until your @ home & have the time to dedicate to the sale. BTW.... I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I've followed this topic & thought I would offer a view from someone looking from the outside.
What I consider inconsiderate is posting in the 67-72 forums on this message board (which I do visit regularily) instead of the 67-72 parts board. I understand completely that he wants what he paid for and I have not ever, nor ever expect to have a desire to commit fraud. However posting threads (which I don't notice until someone emails me a link to them, usually) without prior notice and not communicating (when the parts have already been shipped) is frustrating to me, especially when I'm trying to commit time to school, not defending my reputation against someone who doesn't know how to use their email (when I know well that he already has my email, can PM me and has my phone number)
Old 08-31-2004, 04:01 PM   #13
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Let's take it easy here fellows....
Old 08-31-2004, 04:03 PM   #14
cdowns

seems to me there wouldn't have been a problem if the parts had been ready to be shipped when payment was recieved and then shipped within24hours of recieving payment
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
Old 08-31-2004, 04:06 PM   #15
junkyardjohn

TAKING MONEY FOR PARTS FOR SALE, & NOT SHIPPING THEM FOR OVER A MONTH IS NOT ONLY INCONSIDERATE, BUT BORDERING ON FRAUD. IF YOU CAN MAKE TIME TO LIST A BUNCH OF PARTS FOR SALE , YOU CAN SURELY MAKE TIME TO SHIP THE PAID FOR PARTS. NOT DOING SO & JUST MAKING EXCUSES, MAKES YOU APPEAR TO BE A RIPOFF ARTIST. DON'T ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH SOMEONE IF YOU AREN'T PREPARED TO UPHOLD YOUR END OF THE BARGAIN. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
Old 08-31-2004, 04:22 PM   #16
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardjohn
TAKING MONEY FOR PARTS FOR SALE, & NOT SHIPPING THEM FOR OVER A MONTH IS NOT ONLY INCONSIDERATE, BUT BORDERING ON FRAUD. IF YOU CAN MAKE TIME TO LIST A BUNCH OF PARTS FOR SALE , YOU CAN SURELY MAKE TIME TO SHIP THE PAID FOR PARTS. NOT DOING SO & JUST MAKING EXCUSES, MAKES YOU APPEAR TO BE A RIPOFF ARTIST. DON'T ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH SOMEONE IF YOU AREN'T PREPARED TO UPHOLD YOUR END OF THE BARGAIN. JOHN
I think that's well said!
Old 08-31-2004, 04:42 PM   #17
dtlilly
Account Suspended

Thanks John, my thoughts exactly
Old 08-31-2004, 07:31 PM   #18
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by botboy
What I consider inconsiderate is posting in the 67-72 forums on this message board (which I do visit regularily) instead of the 67-72 parts board..... (when I know well that he already has my email, can PM me and has my phone number)
Well he apparently felt e-mails, PM's, & phone calls weren't effective because he still didn't have his delivery conf # for the parts. Once he posted on the open discussion forum, he got his conf #. I don't believe his intent was to slander you.

I may not be popular for this opinion, but if there's enough time to cash/deposit someones pmt, there's enough time to send the parts. If your going to be out of town, make prior arrangements before accepting any pmt (unusual circumstances not included).

Once again, I'm not calling you out..... just adding a different buyers perspective.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:53 PM   #19
nu2-72

Have had similiar problems with a board member here recently. Requested my money back and eventually got it. Very frustrating. I have since stopped buying parts here unless I have met the seller. Not set in stone but I am tired of the crap lately.
2006 Duramax Crew cab 4x4
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
2011 Harley Street Glide
Old 08-31-2004, 09:02 PM   #20
Swanny

I was up at his place saturday. I got the Auto Column ,TH350, & HEI from him. He seems like a decent guy, give him a break. The parts are there if that is your concern... I hope he got all your parts out before heading back to school in IA.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:24 PM   #21
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny
I was up at his place saturday. I got the Auto Column ,TH350, & HEI from him. He seems like a decent guy, give him a break. The parts are there if that is your concern... I hope he got all your parts out before heading back to school in IA.
SWANNY -- MAYBE IT'S O-K WITH YOU IF SOMEONE SELLING ANYTHING TAKES YOUR MONEY, & KEEPS IT 4 OR 5 WEEKS BEFORE GETTING AROUND TO SHIPPING YOUR PARTS , BUT IT'S NOT O-K WITH ANYBODY ELSE I KNOW.
IT'S AWFUL NICE TO KNOW THAT HE HAS THE PARTS IN MN. BUT IF HE DOESN'T SHIP THEM, THEY MIGHT AS WELL BE IN SOUTH AFRICA.
YEP BOTBOY ... IT'S TIME TO ACT LIKE A STAND UP GUY, DESERVING OF SOMEBODYS TRUST, & DO WHAT YOU AGREED TO DO. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
Old 08-31-2004, 09:29 PM   #22
72C203503ONTHETREE

I did try to e mail you and PM you, I know how to use e mail, duh. All I wanted was the tracking number and shipping company. You said you had the parts with you at school over a week ago and the time prior to that(a month or so). I can understand a week but not four weeks. I am now in college also and it isnt fun trying to do things when you have to study, etc.. It only takes five minutes to get to a UPS shipping center. I'm sure UPS will also pick up packages at Iowa State, they usually do at big colleges, even at the University of Iowa. I never got your e mails if you sent one to me either, but I'm not going to say that you arent smart enough to use it. Why did it take two threads on here and a reply to your post in the parts forum to get you to finally send the parts yesterday? I can not call anyone long distance, sorry about that, I can't afford the expense right now. I have no hard feelings and am glad the parts are on the way, thats all I wanted to know. I did not call you a scammer or said anything bad about you, just the facts. I even told the other guys to take it easy on you until I knew what was going on, read my replies in this thread. I hope I didnt sound like I was being hard on you, but I was almost ripped off before and don't want to be scammed again. Anyway, thanks for sending them and for the tracking number. Glad you sent it yesterday, I am moving this week.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:28 PM   #23
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Fellows, this has run it's course.

The matter has been resolved and it's deteoriated into a pissing match.
Closed Thread