The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2004, 12:09 AM   #1
GMCGRANDS

Bill Turner crossmember owners (How Many?)

Since the crossmember thread seems to be slow I was curious How many of us have Bill Turner crossmembers and parts? How many still need componets. how many have given up, and does anyone have one on the road?

I have a Turner 1.5" dropped crossmember, upper and lower A-arms, power rack, motor mounts, shock relocators,etc. The one I have is set up for air bags. I ordered it set up for dropped coils! The lower a-arms showed up long after I recieved the cross member and have flat plates for air bags. The rack to tie rod adapters I have are the wrong thread size on the tie rod end. Like most of the rest of you I have sent-e-mails and called daily to get what i have now. I would eventually get Bill about every three months(this project has streached well over a year now). Bill sent me his latest set-up about last april. You can see pictures under Fastbagged68,s post "Who would want a crossmember to lay out on 20"s". It not much better. The fabrication and welds look great but the engineering and fit stink. I have been reworking it ever since. I have watched the crossmeber thread since the begining but decided it was time to quit lurking and see how many others like me are out here. Let us know what you have, what issues you have, and what parts you need. Maybe we can help each other or do something to the rat.

05' GMC Sierra Denali LQ9
GMCGRANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:47 AM   #2
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

I have all the same parts you do and maybe a few extra from him. I hope to make the parts work by tweaking them a bit. The tie rod issue is not a hard one to solve really. I does kinda p me off that he made things sound like they would just bolt right in or match right up. Im over him really. He got me for a few hundred dolllars, but what am I gonna do in KY? If I lived a little closer this thing would have been through his front window by now. My project has been well into a year as well. Alot of this has been my fault as I just moved and have built a new garage. My old garage was to small to get around the damn truck. If I really got motivated I could have all the parts from him set up and ready to go in about 2 days.
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #3
fastbagged68

Bill has called me back numerous times now, but as of the last month he has not been able to get ahold of. He owed me bushings for his lower arms. I bought them in March and he still had not sent the bushings, so I finally got pissed and called my credit card company and told them I never received my full order and I want a refund but can't get ahold of him. So I got my money backby just telling my credit card company what happened and I filled out a form and as of now I got my cash back. All bill had to do was tell me what the part number was on the control arms and i would have gone and bought them. But instead I cancelled my credit card and took apart my other arms and got the part number myself. I am going to make my own lower control arms now. I have his upper arms on my 63 burban and I think I'm going to sell them. I am going to go back to the stock ones and rework them to get a better balljoint angle.
I am steering clear of Bill Turner!
fastbagged68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

Do you think the arms are well made or do you think that you will never get the correct angle out of them??
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:07 AM   #5
fastbagged68

The upper arms I dont think are bad, but the way they bolt up is not the greatest. Also the way they are it seems like they will be a pain is the a$$ to align the frontend. The lower arms should be fine. I dont plan on road racing my car or nothing to crazy. I think it should ride fine. You want your arms to be paralel to each other and the ground.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:47 PM   #6
GMCGRANDS

I know there are more than three of us? So does anyone have one on the road? Im curious about ride, alignment, bumpsteer, etc.
Has anyone hooked the rack to the spindles? The rack to tie rod adapters I recieved are not threaded correctly. Way back when you could get Bill every now and then I recall Bill saying you have to cut the rack ends off some?

05' GMC Sierra Denali LQ9
GMCGRANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 02:35 AM   #7
fastbagged68

My suburban is not done yet, but I hope it will be within the year. I got my rack setup. You need to cut off the ends of the rack and tie rod ends. But make sure you double check, because you never know with Bill
Old 09-04-2004, 10:23 PM   #8
wdz28ss

I have his upper, lower arms, crossmember, rack, he stuck me on the borgeson joint ($60) but sent me a 11" step notch and upper rear bag hoopty cantilever thing-a-ma-jig for free....... however, that I dont think i'll be using them since i am leanin towards bach halfing my P.O.S.

You know, turner is a nice guy. I've been to his shop, talked to him, etc......I dont know whats going on with him....Only wish he had the balls to just say "hey, times are tough, I am really trying to get your parts together" not "Oh yea, juhilio is gonna be done with them today and they'll go out first thing tomorrow...mabye today if he hurries" In our shop if a car comes in and we tell em 2 weeks, they're cool....however, if you tell them well have it to you in 1 week and every time the call or come in you tell them tomorrow tomorrow....after the same 2 weeks they'll be pissed off cuz you're jerkin them around....My advise to anyone thinking about selling their own things here....be true and honest to your customers, as word of mouth is a good way to advertise.