The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2004, 10:29 PM   #1
ta5tyfr3z

Need Detailed Repair Manuals

I just bought an '84 Chevy C-10 with new (not Brand new) GM 350 5.7L engine about a week ago and have been finding various things that need fixing, but I'm having trouble finding detailed instructions on how to repair them (especially since its not the original engine). I bought a Haynes repair book but it doesn't always have pictures for what I'm fixing so I don't always know what to look for. Does anyone know a good source for finding detailed instructions, with pictures, for various repair jobs? I've looked around the Internet some but haven't anything for my level of experience (with is just slightly above the For Dummies books).

If nothing else I hope there are plenty of guys here who might have some experience in fixing my trucks problems. Thanks.

E
ta5tyfr3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:09 AM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Here is a nice factory owners manual.

This factory service manual is the ultimate guide. I have one for my 83. Great details and pictures. Wiring diagrams, tear down pictures, troubleshooting guides, specs.... all the info you'll ever need for your truck. You can also buy them new but that will cost a good penny compared to what you can get on ebay. I paid $35 for mine.