The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done- Labor day edition!

I hope all of you are haveing a fun (and safe) holiday weekend. I had planned to spend time cilling around the pool with my buddy Keith and his family. Unfortunately he had way to much going on in his world so that didn't happen.

Instead I have been doing honey do's all weekend. My wife is redecorating our spare bedroom. The new furniture was delivered Friday, so I spent the evening getting the room ready to paint.

Saturday was spent picking up a new mattress and a new cieling fan. I spent the afteroon trying to figure out how to put it together.

Today was yard day. My landscaper crew didn't show up, so I got to move 3 yards of mulch by myself. I'm too worn out to go work on the truck now.....

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:34 PM   #2
TwinTurbo

my daily driver developed an ignition problem so I'm driving the truck this week. Sometimes a car breaking down can be a good thing

For the rest I didn;t do much, I installed braided steel brake lines and new sun visors. Also moved the goats to the other side of the house so I can chop down the trees and the old shelter for the goats and the work on the new shop can begin.
TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
cliffsta
Stepsides RULE

ummm went to my HS football game friday night, after which i hit the MOST FREAKIN AWESOME PARTY in town. Then went to an unsuccessful job interview SAT. Went to the mall Sunday.
Oh my bad, i've done nuthing constructive this weekend. Still got Monday
2009 Kawasaki KLX-250S too many mods for this signature
1999 Honda Accord EX 4-cylinder, 17" Motegi Wheels 215/45/17 Sumitomo tires, Tein S-Tech lowering springs, KYB GR2 shocks, Acura TL 20mm rear swaybar, debadged, blackhoused headlights, Short-Ram Intake
Cardomain of the Accord
cliffsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:53 PM   #4
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
so I got to move 3 yards of mulch by myself. I'm too worn out to go work on the truck now.....
Real work makes you tired don't it?? I am my landscaper crew around my house.

What do you mean by getting the room ready to paint? I didn't see where you said you painted it after getting it ready.

Oh, what I've been doing lately. Building a 16 x 24 deck with a roof over it on the back of the house. And no, it's not a porch. It's a deck with a roof.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 08:14 PM   #5
AirMale

I was bored saturday and installed an Early classics sway-bar drop bracket. Good fit and lifts the sway bar up about 2 inches. Oh, and I cut 1 coil off my drop springs and gained about 1 1/2 more drop in front. I was gonna put the bags in but was missing a schrader valve.
AirMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #6
BaggedC10
Under construction!

Installed my painted radiator support and washed my dad's Impala. Otherwise, I relaxed.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:39 PM   #7
87Silvy

Installed my new Power Acoustik 4x10 speakers.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:15 PM   #8
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

This weekend was nuts

I blew the motor up in the camaro, then had to hitch a ride back to town to pick up my truck and trailer, then drive back down and reload my car, So today I discovered that I have a cracked block and have to take the motor out, well that was saturday, today (sunday) I planed on rebuilding some hinges for the customers, but the tip on the ash machine snapped off, well then it was on to the 76 where I had to fix a flat tire thanks to my brother leaving a screw in the driveway last night, then yard work, oh the joys of yardwork
Old 09-05-2004, 11:24 PM   #9
Prerunner1982

Sat i tried to relax most of the morning, then about 4 i started setting up for my wedding, (renewing vowes ceramony), almost didnt have a complete cake..but got that fixed, ran around awhile.. after wedding came home and went through gifts..

Sun: Went to wally world and spent about $300 on stuff for the house (new coffee table, DVD player, car seat, various other needed things).. copied the wedding video, went to work for a few hours and finally came home and relaxed... still have to take back things we rented for the wedding, and put some wheels and tires on a guys blazer and work 6-12 tomorrow.... JOY..
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:27 PM   #10
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin ervin
Real work makes you tired don't it?? I am my landscaper crew around my house.
What do you mean by getting the room ready to paint? I didn't see where you said you painted it after getting it ready......
I'm not sure how much landscaping you have. It takes me "and" a crew to keep up with mine.

I could paint the room if I had the paint. Since my wife can't make up her mind what color she wants the room to be, I can't paint it.....
Old 09-06-2004, 12:13 AM   #11
76sierraclassic

Saturday morning I went out to my dad's house to use his air conditioned shop and some of his elbow grease to change out the intake gaskets and fix a lifter problem on the 76. After getting most of the parts out of the way (and with the hood off), we could see that my oil leak wasn't the intake or the dizzy gasket. Must be the rear main seal. Anyway, we went ahead and did a little adjustment on one of the rocker arms on the passenger side, and all of the annoying "ticking" is now gone. I still need a complete overhaul (or better yet a new crate motor), but at least I don't have to listen that ticking any more.

Also found a cheap set of speakers/boxes at Big Lots. They are a set of Roadmaster "truck" speakers for $18. I didn't figure I could build boxes for that, and these actually look pretty good. I just need to change out the 6" speaker and put something a little better in them.

Saturday night, I put together a new bookshelf for my office. I filled it up and still need more shelf space...oh well....

Did the church thing today. Our regular Adult Class Sunday School teacher was out of town this weekend, so I had to fill the pulpit for class this morning.

The wife is out of town this weekend visiting her folks, so I'll probably spend time tomorrow mowing grass, washing clothes, and other general work around the house.

Mike
76sierraclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:32 AM   #12
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

I cut 2 acres of grass, with a ton of pine bark mulch, trees, flowers, bushes and other misc stuff. It's a big job keeping it looking nice.

If you have the same type of "crews" we have around here, I don't want them doing any work in my yard. I made a mistake and had a nursery plant some trees along the property line. First time I ever seen anybody plant trees that were in pots with red clay dirt. And, you guessed it, they are not growing worth a darn either.

Only way to get anything done right around here is for me to do it myself.

1985 Chevy C-10
Old 09-06-2004, 01:38 AM   #13
1972C10
Account Suspended

Havent done nothing to my truck this weekend But have managed to been on the lake everyday this weekend and been enjoying all the highspeed boat riding and tubing and pretty much anything else you could do on a lakefront BBQ
1972C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 07:31 AM   #14
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Saturday I finished installing the lights for the new shop. I tried to put a new hitch on the 96, but I have to move the tailpipes some and was too hot and lazy feeling to get into right then.

Sunday went to a shrimp boil at a friend's house. Today it is off to the mother inlaw's to pick up my new, used, riding mower. Of course I have to honor the southern mother-in-law by eating 3 times my weight in good ole southern cooking. Oh the things we son-in-laws must suffer,

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:57 AM   #15
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Mike I guess you have me beat. I only have an acre here with about 18-20 beds and 25-30 trees. The guys I use to help me manage this are professional landscapers that do commercial landscaping all week. On their day off I get them at a discount price and they work so much faster than me. I let them do the grunt work while I focus on the detail work.

I have been through the planting nightmare too. I lost three 18-20 ft oaks because the idiots planted them in a clay bank....
Old 09-06-2004, 11:12 AM   #16
81shavedtrk

Trimming trees, removing bushes, ans starting on fuel system on the truck. Try to have it ready for the track on friday.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #17
83C

I have done nothing as far as truck work. I have my frame painted with engine running and ready to set the body on the frame. All the body work is done except the cab. My orginal body man moved so I was searching for a new one when a friend that does it part time said he would do it. I delivered the cab and nothing has been done for months. Any suggestions on how to get him in gear?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/letheridge
83C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:54 AM   #18
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Ken,

no winners or losers here. You and I both know it's in the details my friend.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:57 AM   #19
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83C
My orginal body man moved so I was searching for a new one when a friend that does it part time said he would do it. I delivered the cab and nothing has been done for months. Any suggestions on how to get him in gear?
Yeah, go pick the cab up and find somewhere else to take it.

1985 Chevy C-10
Old 09-06-2004, 12:09 PM   #20
SanitysBane

but my canadian cluster in my truck, and thats it, its monday so i may do more but i doubt it, trying to set up a paypal acount, man i already hate paypal.
SanitysBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:20 PM   #21
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

I was going to finish up putting the rear interior panels in the Jimmy and when I pulled it out of the garage (10 ft) OIL was everywhere and the filter was swelled and the rear main was blown. Ticked off I pushed it back in the garage and cut the grass.....
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:29 PM   #22
8t5Silverado
Mudslides 'r my specialty

Installed inner and outer tie rods and adjusting sleeves. Woohoo, the frontend is rebuilt...(not an easy task by myself, until I got a sledge hammer )

Now for the exhaust.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500339
8t5Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote