The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 07:47 PM   #26
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

cliffsta, how about still doing the roll pan with a hidden hitch behind it? i thought about doing it with my K10, and then when i needed it, i could use it as a recovery point. it would do wonders for my departure angle, but the roll pan would get hashed, so its not really worth it.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:39 PM   #27
screwballl
Tonawanda 454

the purpose of trucks from the beginning to now was and always has been for work... hauling, moving, towing, loading, transporting, heavy duty work. There is not a lowered truck that can handle the responsiblity of a true work truck due to the vast modifications including but not limited to weaker suspension, driveline, suspension, etc...
I prefer to keep the cars looking good clean and the trucks looking better dirty and at work. These pretty little trucks with crappy welds like those shown are a severe disappointment to those of us who know whats capable of these trucks. Now I'm not "slamming" those of you who have done or had done a quality job with your pretty trucks but its better to leave the pretty stuff to the girls (or guys acting like girls). Comprimising the work strength of a "truck" is just sad, creating and building a lowered truck that can still haul a 2 ton pallet of concrete or still pull that 30ft boat is worthwhile.

Thats just how i see things here in the real world. Yall can have your games and contests for prettiest truck, I'll be the one pulling your ass out of the snow or median or sand when you get stuck.
-------------------
Old 09-08-2004, 08:59 PM   #28
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwballl
Now I'm not "slamming" those of you who have done or had done a quality job with your pretty trucks but its better to leave the pretty stuff to the girls (or guys acting like girls).
Yes you are slamming. You seem to do nothing but slam those of us who happen to like lowered trucks. As a matter of fact, there are about three of you "slammers" on the boards. Everyone of you guys seem to get your rocks off by putting us all down for one thing or another.

Just to let you know. I could really care less what you think about my truck or me for that matter. One thing is for sure though. You'll never see me talking about what you have done to yours.

I got an idea. If you see a post about a lowered truck or shaved truck, why don't you just keep your opinions to yourself. I know it's your god given right to express your opinions, but I could really do without them. I'm sure the others feel the same way.

1985 Chevy C-10
Old 09-08-2004, 09:05 PM   #29
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwballl
Now I'm not "slamming" those of you who have done or had done a quality job with your pretty trucks but its better to leave the pretty stuff to the girls (or guys acting like girls). Comprimising the work strength of a "truck" is just sad, creating and building a lowered truck that can still haul a 2 ton pallet of concrete or still pull that 30ft boat is worthwhile.

Thats just how i see things here in the real world. Yall can have your games and contests for prettiest truck, I'll be the one pulling your ass out of the snow or median or sand when you get stuck.
wow I guess I'll have to convert my K5 to 2wd, lower it and paint it pink so I can lower my testosterone level
Old 09-08-2004, 09:10 PM   #30
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

This post go bye bye, pissing match has begun...
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Closed Thread