The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2004, 01:17 PM   #26
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Alright I guess I'm in the minority here, I'll let it lie, I understand both sides. I only take money orders. I find boxes and box everything myself, figure shipping Fed Ex or USPS. Charge what they charge me. Its just the way I was brought up, not to charge someone for a little bit of work when your selling something. I would hate to figure up the hours in the last year I been boxing stuff for shipping, I won't think about the money I lost because I didn't get the extra $$$ for doing that, I probably could of bought another project. I hate to list a set price on shipping because if someone close buys it they lose money and if someone far away buys it I lose money. Also Fed Ex or UPS are still going to fight to pay you if it gets damaged no matter who boxes it. Time to go back to the golf course now!!!!!!!
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #27
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

While I was looking for MB Quart speakers, I found an E-bay seller that was WAY cheaper than any others.. Then I looked at shipping ... Really out of sight !!! $50.00 for the speakers... It's nothing but trying to Fraud E-bay and Circumvent their fees.

I always contact the seller for an accurate shipping fee on an item, I don't want any stupid Shipping price surprises. If they don't answer, I don't bid !!!!

The only time I charge anything higher than what it cost is for packaging materials. Even though it takes 2, 40 mile round trips to the UPS store for me to get you a Quote, and send it. I figure it's my fault I live out, Not yours. Maybe I should reconsider my way of thinking ????
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #28
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

Randy, I have sold on E-bay for almost five years now. I think you'll see that your items will bring more money if you provide flat rate shipping. Your items would bring even more money if you accepted paypal. Most buyers like the security and convenience ( no going out to buy a money order and a chance of it getting lost in the mail) of paying with paypal. When I pay for an auction with paypal, I like the feature of having a permanent record of payment. If you feel bad and want to refund an overpayment from shipping fees, throw it in the box along with the parts. When you figure shipping costs for an item, look up the rate from your place to California. That should get you pretty close on costs.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #29
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

Thumbs up tail gate band

hey drink......i got the tail gate band .....thanks buddy.....
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:55 PM   #30
dropdprpls10

I noticed and have done it before.. if its an item that doesnt fit in any of the boxes i have at home ill have to buy one and ill tack that onto the shipping charges.. some of them cost up to 6 bucks.? maybe he did that.. also if they ship it from a retail location they charge a few dollars more then ups's web page will say it will cost
dropdprpls10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:59 PM   #31
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonebad2
Randy, I have sold on E-bay for almost five years now. I think you'll see that your items will bring more money if you provide flat rate shipping. Your items would bring even more money if you accepted paypal. Most buyers like the security and convenience ( no going out to buy a money order and a chance of it getting lost in the mail) of paying with paypal. When I pay for an auction with paypal, I like the feature of having a permanent record of payment. If you feel bad and want to refund an overpayment from shipping fees, throw it in the box along with the parts. When you figure shipping costs for an item, look up the rate from your place to California. That should get you pretty close on costs.

I agree with PayPal, I have been searching for a few things lately,, ( I have a rear window coming from Ragenrat "Rat Now",, Sorry I had to Mark :p ) We made a deal by email, By the next time he opened his email box.. The Money was in his account...

If I can't Pay by PayPal, I won't buy off of ebay... PayPal will guarantee a certain amount of your purchase... It gives me a piece of mind.. Plus, When you sell something you don't have to worry about someone backing out of a sale, when you accept PayPal, It's a done did deal sooner,easier, and far more convenient then waiting for a money order.. I'm still waiting for a money order from Florida for a Nitro R/C truck I sold a guy... 2 Months ago !!!!!Yea, Like it's really coming now.....
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:16 PM   #32
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON WOODGEARD
I agree with PayPal, I have been searching for a few things lately,, ( I have a rear window coming from Ragenrat "Rat Now",, Sorry I had to Mark :p ) We made a deal by email, By the next time he opened his email box.. The Money was in his account...

If I can't Pay by PayPal, I won't buy off of ebay... PayPal will guarantee a certain amount of your purchase... It gives me a piece of mind.. Plus, When you sell something you don't have to worry about someone backing out of a sale, when you accept PayPal, It's a done did deal sooner,easier, and far more convenient then waiting for a money order.. I'm still waiting for a money order from Florida for a Nitro R/C truck I sold a guy... 2 Months ago !!!!!Yea, Like it's really coming now.....
THANKS MY TRUCKING BROTHER....SHOULD BE THERE VERY SOON IF NOT ALREADY...
LET ME KNOW....YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT A SHIPPING NOTICE FROM THE FED'S
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:13 PM   #33
71swb4x4

From a buyers standpoint, if I want something but I have time to wait, I will watch for one to turn up on Ebay where the seller does not accept Paypal. It always goes for cheaper. I only buy from people who don't accept paypal if their feedback is flawless. If I want something quicker I will look for someone who takes Paypal. It's a trade off.
When selling things I definitely saw an increase in what I was getting for my stuff when I started to accept paypal. It was crazy, and I believe it makes up for their fees. Not to mention you get the money faster.