The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2004, 12:36 AM   #1
poff

F/S disc brake booster brackets

Picked up a set of disc brake booster brackets at the junk yard. Got the booster mount brackets and the small round brace. There was no lower brace. $20 plus actual shipping from 92120. I think I bent one of the clips but you should be able to get those. Please only respond if you need them, I do not like to sell to resellers!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:40 AM   #2
53burb

What are these specifically from? I need a set for a 3/4ton suburban(same as a truck)...
Chris
53burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 06:03 PM   #3
poff

The truck I took them off of was pretty well stripped and it was a few months ago. I think the booster brackets and small brace are the same on all the 71-72 trucks. I think the only difference is the lower bracket that goes from the master cyl. stud to the firewall near the steering column is longer on 3/4 tons because the booster sticks out further. Not all the trucks I have see have this brace, I don't know if people take them off or they did not come on every truck.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
53burb

I will call & find out...
Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-14-2004, 03:45 PM   #5
53burb

I talked to ECE & CPP & they both said they are different for a 3/4ton...
Thanks Anyways,
Chris
Old 09-14-2004, 07:49 PM   #6
poff

OK. Did they say what the difference is? They're just like the ones I put on my '70 K-20. I thought that when I did the research on my conversion they were the same.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:08 AM   #7
53burb

No, they didn't. I know the 3/4ton uses a bigger booster than a 1/2ton. I am sure you could use a 1/2ton booster/brackets on a 3/4ton, but I would rather use a 3/4ton booster/brackets, I heard it was much better.
Chris
Old 09-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #8
poff

I have a 3/4 ton booster. I think the brackets on my truck came off of a 3/4 ton. I understand if you do not want to take a chance but I think those guys are wrong. My buddy put 3/4 ton brakes on his Blazer and the booster bolted right up to his brackets. I do know the power drum brackets are different because that is what was on my truck to begin with. No worries, it's only $20, someone will be able to use them. It's only a fraction of what I have spent at the junkyard. I went to the junkyard for a core-support, I only got them because I had such a hard time finding mine when I needed them.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:01 PM   #9
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Hmmmmm. You got them at the junk yard so you could sell them on here. Looks like you are a "reseller"!
Don't be so worried about who you do or do not sell to on this board. Just offer your parts and be done with it.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:48 PM   #10
Castiron9
72 LONGHORN OWNER

AMEN.BROTHER..............

70-C/30 DUALLY
Castiron9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 05:08 PM   #11
poff

I AM NOT A RESELLER OR A JUNKYARD RAPEST! I paid damn near $20 for them and spent a good 15 minutes pulling them off. I know these parts are in demand and thought I could help someone out. When I did my conversion I could not find them at the junk yard. I hate for someone to pass them up for cheap. Although, based on the responses I will no longer waste my time pulling parts I do not need. Thank you for the feedback.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:18 PM   #12
53burb

My truck is a '69 3/4ton Burb. I have drums front & back. I plan on putting on discs in the front at a later time. Is the booster different for drum/drum than disc/drum? I thought they were the same. If it looks like they will fit for a 3/4ton booster with drum/drum, or disc/drum, then 20$ isn't too much to spend. Did you happen to grab the rod that connects to the brake pedal??
PS-I live in Phoenix. PM me if I can contact you by phone...
Chris
Old 09-16-2004, 01:41 AM   #13
poff

53burb,

Drum/Drum brakes have different brackets. The push/connecting rod is the same on drum/drum power and disc/drum power. If you have manual brakes you will need the rod. I did not grab the rod. I didn't need it for my conversion so I didn't even think about it. I did get the prop valve bracket.

Everyone else,

I guess I should give a little background on myself and my position before starting a pissing match on the board:

I've wanted a 4x4 truck since I was like 8. As I got older I wanted a '63-'66 K-20 but liked the '67-'72. I eventually saved up and bought a 1970 K-20 in February of 1998 for $4k. Went to pack the wheel bearings and 9 months later and about $8k I had it on the road again. Wheel bearings turned into a rear axle, t-case, front drive shaft, front axle shafts, rag joint, complete brake system (Only original parts are the brake pedal and push rod), a bunch of wiring, an instrument cluster, etc. I only had it running in 9 months because of this message board, I started using it in March of '98 and by December of '99 became a "Member". Needless to say I did not stop once i got it running, added a new rear bumper, re-plumbed gas tanks, rebuilt seat, new back window, on-board air, and finally a 330 hp crate engine. Still breaking it in, 250 miles to go. I had a core-support that I got at the junk yard a few years ago because mine was trashed. It was too much work so I didn't change it out. My buddy need one really bad for his '69 Blazer so I gave it to him. Well my engine started knocking so I decided to take the plunge. So another $8k later, new engine. At this point I decided to get a new core-support. This brings me to the point were I got the brake booster brackets. When I did my conversion I could not find brackets at the junk yard and ended up paying $60 for them. When I saw them on the truck I was taking my core-support off of, I decide I could help someone out.
My first experience with junk yard rapists (aka resellers) was in the early 90s. My buddy with the Blazer used to have a '66 VW bus. We could never find trannys or doors. We soon learned that some guys came up from Mexico with a big truck and bought all of them. That sucked! We'll I again found a similar situation when I got my truck. During the 9 months after I got my truck, I went to the junk yards every weekend, even drove up to L.A. a couple times. I kept seeing the same people at the junk yard every week. They kept buying anything and everything that was in decent shape. Eventually they recognized me and talked to me, turned out they were junk yard rapists and offered to sell me stuff for way more then they cost. Even saw a set of doors at the Big Three swap meet in San Diego off of a Sub that I saw at the junk yard for 3 times what they cost. I soon grew to hate these people who made it difficult to find the parts I needed. Over the last 5 years, if I saw something that I thought was in demand I would buy it (within reason, no cabs or doors, etc.) and I would post them here for about what I paid for them plus actual shipping. Remember I have labor in removing and shipping and rounding up $2-3 does not even come close to cover it. But, people helped me out so I like to return the favor. I actually prefer to trade parts but I don't need a whole lot of stock parts right now. Although I am going to post a trade later. I assure everyone that my salary is high enough that it is not cost effective for me to go to the junk yard to resell parts. I would much rather be working on my truck. If I do go to the junk yard I would be happy to let you guys know and keep an eye out. In closing, I have gained a lot form this board and hope to give as much back as I can.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:46 AM   #14
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Thumbs up Parts

Well put, I appreciate your effort.
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:43 PM   #15
Primered_69

Yeah I can understand why you would take offense at the word "reseller". I hope it was just meant in jest.

But how is a reseller any worse than what Wes or TEEITUP or the rest of the people who buy parts to resell them? If you can make a couple of dollars and help somebody with your part more power to you. This is America (Canada, England) where we believe and are rewards by the free enterprise system. If we did not have resellers I would not have my tilt, wheels, bed, frame, etc. because I would of never been around where they were relocated.

My Dad said there are two types of resellers. Guys that buy trucks or parts that love trucks and want to make money too. And there are others that just want to make money and have no care for trucks. The first bunch are enthusiasts and the others are the rapist.

It appears if you are a reseller then you fall in the first bunch and are an asset to this board.

Thank you.