The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2004, 12:40 AM   #1
rolson1039

1986 C 10 Custom Deluxe with extras for sale

1986 Chevrolet C10 Custom Deluxe 4.3 V6 motor ( crate motor approx 45K on it) th350 automatic trans, power steering power brakes. I bought the truck about a year and a half ago with a blown motor and was going to part it , but i couldnt ruin this fine piece of machinery .It was too good to just part, so i put in a crate motor I had and have done alot to this truck to make it road worthy well beyond its years Ive changed the front springs to heavy duty coils, done the upper ball joints ,engine pipe back exhaust new front brakes calipers, rubber lines, new back brake shoes and added new front shocks. IN addition i put on the dumbo mirrors complete with the inside the door brace, decent tires with at least 70% of their tread life left and chevrolet rallye wheel rims. the motor mounts were replaced when the motor was installed and the truck runs fantastic Ive tuned it up completely with new wires ,plugs, cap, rotor, breather and air filter. The trans has been serviced and there is no slippage and it shifts great.The gas tank on the truck has been recently dropped out and boiled out due to the fact that the mounts werent in the best shape. The mounts are new and the fuel system works great.
I would not hesitate to jump in it now as it sits and drive clear across the country.
Body is pretty good for a work truck or daily driver and would not take much to restore to a show quality truck. I installed a rear slider and a cross box aluminum diamond plate tool box . Unfortunately it was recently hit on the right side bed between the cab and wheel well which i pushed out pretty well and if you have the time and patience it could easily be saved.I have opted not to do the filler work on it yet.There are no tears in the bedside it was just pushed in. The truck needs cab corners which ill include in the price but you will have to install them yourself. The inner fender wells are new aftermarket and were painted metallic black and clear coated as well as the bottom inside rubberized undercoated both installed recently. I have undercoated a good portion of the cab after pressure washing the chassis.
I was converting the truck to be a little nicer than the run of the mill custom deluxe, and i didnt like the beige interior so i started converting the interior to blue. Ive installed decent shape blue door panels as well as carpeted bottoms on it. I put in one of the GMC sport steering wheels and found a chevy center to fit it so it looks nice. I also put in a good cloth bench seat . The seat itself is red but being the seat cushions are pristine , and one doesnt sink when sitting in the seat I couldnt pass the seat up. Generally I use this for a work truck i have ripped the seat a little but its just the outside cover . If you put on either an aftermarket or NOS seat cover, the seat would be prefect.
The vehicle as it sits does not have an installed radio and the dashboard has not been cut. I will include two pair of speakers one set is a jensen set of 6 inch round door speakers and a set of in dash speakers as well as an AM/FM/Cassette radio that i believe is a pioneer two knob which will fit without cutting the dash, or if you prefer i have a stock AM/FM radio i can give you too

The rubber floor mat is ripped in half on the drivers side, but included in the sale is an aftermarket carpet blue in color. You will need to get the underlayment for it if i havent installed it by the time this deal is done. I also have a nice dashpad insert for the truck which is the silver one from an air conditioned truck.
Also included in the sale but not installed in the truck as of yet is a quartz clock, silverado emblems for the fenders,new tail lights, new in box Napa lower ball joints and a complete cab wrap around chrome piece for the silverados.There are lots of extra parts here too from my other projects so im sure if you want anything else in the way of parts we can come make some kind of deal
Truck is located in central New Jersey in Old Bridge and i will let it go for $1500 CASH riight now. I will consider delivery for somewhat local areas for gas/toll/food money round trip ( i will have a car follow me to bring me back home)
I may be reached here or better yet email me at CTruck1976@aol.com or call me at 732-316-5353 before 10:30 PM Eastern time. RIght now i cant post pics but i will definately say this truck is well worth it and i have a couple of pics i can email . Im working on getting other pics too.
If someone here wants to post them for me please let me know.

Last edited by rolson1039; 10-03-2004 at 06:06 PM.
rolson1039 is offline   Reply With Quote