The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
botboy
Account Suspended

MN Members: Complete 700r4 & NP208 T-case, $200!

Hey guys, I need this combo sold and soon....preferrably this weekend. I have my eyes on a nice black C/20 in the cities, new texas bed, 283, 4 on the floor...all in all a really nice truck. But I'm going to come up short for cash unless I either sell this combo, or borrow money from someone (which I'd like to avoid)

Both these came out of my blazer, an '83 K5 which had a 6.2 diesel (which my friend killed The tranny is a 700r4, has a gas TC (gave the blazer a little more acceleration with the higher stall speed), and I have a gas governor on the shelf I could give to the buyer if they want to drop this in a gasser. Unknown miles on this tranny, isn't original, but shifted perfect in the relatively short lifespan of my blazer , made it fine over several hundred mile trips, overdrive engages and no slippage I could detect.

NP208 transfer case, worked fine in both high and low ranges, no clunks and shifts easily. Will throw in the linkage and shift lever from the '83 blazer if anybody wants it.

My preference would be to sell this to someone in the minnesota area over the weekend so that I can purchase the truck monday and drive it back to school. Otherwise I'm stuck driving a '93 Voyager...someone help me

I also have a complete 700r4 rebuild kit from carquest, and the clutch compression tools necessary to rebuild any foreign or domestic tranny. I paid $110 for the tool and $170 for the kit, I'd take $250 on the pair or $225 with the above and I'll throw in a transmission rebuilding book. Was going to rebuild the tranny in a friends truck but ended up taking to a shop due to time constraints.

If I buy this '68 I'll also have a pair of 3 speed manual truck trannies, don't know how much to ask for them but I'd probably be happy with $60 each. I'll need an overdrive for the amount of long-distance speedy driving I do.

Sorry guys, no pics, the stuff is 270 miles from me in minnesota right now.

Last edited by botboy; 10-06-2004 at 04:23 PM.
botboy is offline   Reply With Quote