The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2004, 01:05 AM   #1
shortymac83
hmm...

Truck did some work this past weekend!

Sorry, I didn't post this earlier, but I had a LOT of schoolwork to do. Anyway, as I posted on here a week or so ago, my parents and I are moving to a house in the sticks, located on 18 acres of woodland. To get the house ready to sell, we had to do some stuff this past weekend. Friday, after going home, I get out the truck and we take it to Toto, a little town about 30 miles away to get carpet. Threw some hold-down straps in the back and set out. Since I've never driven this thing farther than 5 miles away, a 60 mile trip at highway speeds had me kinda nervous, but it buzzed right along at 65 mph, and on the way home, carried a 100 lb, 12 foot long section of carpet without feeling a thing. I was pretty proud of it. Then, the next morning, we had to move wood. Lots of it. See, my dad is a wood-worker. So, we had a bunch of 12 foot long 1X6's and probably 300 lbs of mahogany planks. Threw it all in the back, and altogether we probably had 800 lbs of wood in the back and 3 decent sized guys (I was the smallest at 180 lbs) in the cab. It just hunkered down on that worn out suspension and carried it at 60 mph down the road to our shop. I was pretty amazed. I'm also glad for those overload springs on the back, since I don't think the ancient coils would have done the job. I'm flat out amazed at how this thing hauls. 800 lbs in the back is like nothing to the drivetrain. It just feels kinda boat-like with the suspension and worn out bushings moving all over the place. kewl!

This weekend, we may be able to move some stuff out to the new house, and I'll take plenty of pics of it getting the full workout.

www.fcrperformance.com - wanna go...faster? talk to FCR.

shortymac83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:26 AM   #2
72 CustomCamper
huh ???

I was talking with my uncle(my truck's po)the other night and he was telling me some of the loads my truck had hauled. My favorite one was when he towed a 16 TON yes 16 ton bulldozer behind it...

Chuck

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running try to keep up!"
72 CustomCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Curbstone Mech

Our trucks are very handy to have around. Especially for us Harry Homeowners.It was the main selling point when trying to convince my wife that we needed one " It will really come in handy when we start doing your new kitchen"
700r4 351;1 posi
Curbstone Mech is offline   Reply With Quote