The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2004, 12:51 AM   #1
raphyel

Where to get brake lines?

I am doing a restoration on a 63, I have drop spindles for disc brakes setup on the front. I want to go with power disc/drum stainless lines and braided hoses. I am trying to find out who can I contact and tell them just that and have my parts ordered. I have been confused because every brake set is based on a year, but the disc brakes take later model rotors and calipers, so when a catalog says 63 disc/ drum, do they assume I am using the 72 type rotors? Also how do you run an emergency brake cable if you have switched the center cross member to fit an auto tranny as opposed to the center cross member that had the lever for the e brake? what type of ebrake cable do I need?
raphyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
kewlbear

Inline Tube, Classic Tube, Classic Performace Products & Master Power Brakes are few to start with. Go buy Custom Classic Trucks Mag there is all kinds of everthing you need in there. Just chunk all you have and buy a kit from Master Power Brakes that way you know and they know what you got if you end up with a problem. They have disc brake kits to fit your orignal spindles. Just my two cents

auto meter gauges
93 GMC extended cab
trailmaster conversion
kewlbear is offline   Reply With Quote