The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2004, 09:59 AM   #26
Willy Prost

jwrath7's response is why the show producers and Spike TV are so tolerant of re-running each show so many times.

There are many folks how haven't seen these shows. Those of us who have seen some of these shows 10 times already can and will whine about "finish it already".

The real solution is to convince Spike TV (and to a lesser extent Speed TV) to get more fresh programming , not more reruns, on the tube. I am very appreciative of "Trucks TV", "Horsepower TV", "My Classic Car", "Two Guys Garage", "Dream Car Garage" and others on cable.

The reruns overload could be a blessing in disguise, though. When I see a re-run that I don't feel I need to see again, I go out and work on my truck. If there were only new, exciting car and truck shows on Cable TV, I would spend less time on my truck.
Willy Prost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:26 PM   #27
LowSeventy

I think Stacey does a great job on that show, a little corny sometimes but you can tell by watching him work that he knows what he's talking about.
Of all the stupid shows on television, I would much rather watch a rerun of a guy working on a truck like mine than anything else.
I think the guys that are complaining that he hasn't finished it yet have been watching too many episodes of Overhaulin and Monster Garage. You simply cannot build a vehicle of that caliber in a week.
I think we should take a poll, how long have you been working on your project?
LowSeventy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #28
Bamm
Cowboy Fan for Life!!!!!!

I think we should take a poll, how long have you been working on your project?

Apples and Oranges, man. As I said before, with his budget, his shop and all the vendors loading him up with bolt on goodies, this truck could have been completed in a few months tops. I appreciate thw shows, don't get me wrong, but what myself and most of the guys here hate is the "make sure you watch this week as we wrap up Copperhead" and the show just strings us out........Jerry
18 x 8 Torque Thrust II's
Future mods: All new gauges & wood bed
My Zip is 23002
I ship UPS, USPS
Bamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:07 PM   #29
bagged81
Signals in the bumper.

I really like the show, but since I dont watch much its all pretty new to me, lol. Copperhead should be an awesome truck when it gets down.

I am wondering how in the world all that nitrous is really going to be useful on that truck. Can he possibly even hit the 250 shot and get any kind of traction, much less the 150 shot too? I do like the mounting of the 150 shot though, it gives me ideas.
1936 Ford Pickup - Frame-off in progress link
1979 Chevrolet Camper Special Flatbed link
bagged81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:52 PM   #30
shortymac83
hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill
I think Stacy is probably just a talking head with a minimum amount of actual mechanical skills. The show probably has an entire group of technicians to work on the truck and get everything ready for what small pieces we see on the air. Someone has already mentioned this, but what we really often need to see never gets aired. Stacy has someone telling him every move to make, so we probably do not have any idea how he actually is in real life. The show lives and dies with sponsors, so they have a big say in what ends up on the air.

Just my opinion and guessing about the show.

I think if I was going to put a talking head on a show and I was the producer, I'd pick someone named Stacey with a nice set of _______, about 5'6" and blond hair.

www.fcrperformance.com - wanna go...faster? talk to FCR.

shortymac83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:18 PM   #31
ILIVE4TRUCKS
AKA Phillip Johnson, AKA BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0
i dont get it guys. he is the host and does do most of the work on his own. in my opinion he does damn good work. hes not the boss the producers are. i seriously doubt he makes the choices on what airs when and to call him a bumbling idiot is kinda assinine.the man has a ton of talent and can do every aspect of automotive work and do it well so to criticize him isnt right especially about stuff that the network he works for controls

Hmmm, Works for??? I guess you dont watch the credits..Bradley/David Prod.

As in Stacy David. The dude has a piece of the pie guys. He is as guilty as Spike Net.
ILIVE4TRUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #32
LowSeventy

Trucks and Horsepower TV are produced by RTM Productions, not Bradley/David. Look at the bottom of the Trucks home page.
LowSeventy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:07 PM   #33
8t5Silverado
Mudslides 'r my specialty

I say we call Chip Foose and the Overhaulin' gang to go in there, throat punch Stacey, finish the frickin' truck in a week, and then give it to me!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500339
8t5Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:45 PM   #34
chevybill

Talking go to the tv show's website

The truck has been finished since early spring, I am sure of this because I looked at their site for some vendor contact info. Copperhead is finished in real life, regardless of where the show is in episodes.

Just for thought, the Lance Armstrong bike on American Chopper was completed around memorial day weekend and sat until he finished his 6 title. The Police bike on american chopper was being completed over labor day weekend. Overhaulin' has already rebuilt Lance Armstrong's convertible GTO in a yet to air episode. Real life stuff is often finished several months before it airs on television.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:56 PM   #35
ILIVE4TRUCKS
AKA Phillip Johnson, AKA BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSeventy
Trucks and Horsepower TV are produced by RTM Productions, not Bradley/David. Look at the bottom of the Trucks home page.
Try watching the show, mostly last years episodes. But, who gives a crap. The truck will never see the road in my opinion.
ILIVE4TRUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:21 PM   #36
chevybill

That show is called American Thunder.

You just describe Michelle Smith on American Thunder. I think that Stacy gives the resemblance of a "real" truck person and he very well may be. But you know he has help off camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortymac83
I think if I was going to put a talking head on a show and I was the producer, I'd pick someone named Stacey with a nice set of _______, about 5'6" and blond hair.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:20 PM   #37
smbrouss70

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybill
The truck has been finished since early spring, I am sure of this because I looked at their site for some vendor contact info. Copperhead is finished in real life, regardless of where the show is in episodes.
Where do you see this on the website? The guys suppling most of the parts told me it is not finished yet.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:12 PM   #38
longhorn71

Smile

This is just a little sugestion for those of you that are real tired of watching the same old shows...go to the trucks web site...click on shows....this will give the complete list of all the upcoming shows untill December...once you have that info....Don't watch.....Go work on your own truck for that 30 minutes...Longhorns 71 wife
longhorn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:33 PM   #39
chevybill

www.staceydavid.com

Check out www.staceydavid.com, in july of 03, the truck was to the level of completion shown on this past weeks show. The page is gone now but as recently as a month ago on a link of the trucks tv site showed the truck complete with interior, glass and headlights, however the page is gone now.
The suppliers may be telling you this to keep you watching the show, "curiosity killed the cat thinking." If you are not curious you will not tune in every week for out of sequence reruns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70
Where do you see this on the website? The guys suppling most of the parts told me it is not finished yet.