The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #26
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Re: im stoked ! orderd wheels and bag kit today

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250powerglide View Post
so please tell me more as to why the traction bar doesnt work with the cpp notch ? this is the first i have heard of this but i am new here to the board .
Don't know if you saw the other post about the 2" blocks correcting it. Without the blocks, the trac bar hits the notch before the axle goes all the way into it. To correct it, just install the blocks ON TOP of the track bar mount and it gives you just enough clearance. The pumpkin will more than likely hit the bed when aired out too. Congrats on the buy and post pics through the process!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #27
250powerglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbedII View Post
Don't know if you saw the other post about the 2" blocks correcting it. Without the blocks, the trac bar hits the notch before the axle goes all the way into it. To correct it, just install the blocks ON TOP of the track bar mount and it gives you just enough clearance. The pumpkin will more than likely hit the bed when aired out too. Congrats on the buy and post pics through the process!
thanks for the heads up ! parts came in but they sent some cheapo tires by mistake so had to send them back here is a snap shot . the 265/35 tires look to be a bit taller than i thought but i cant imagine getting anything smaller cause fear of damage . these memphis screets arent getting any better so we will just have to see how they look on the truck.
Attached Images

1969 c-10 swb 250 i6
2003 express 6.0
2007 tahoe lt 5.3 turd
250powerglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #28
VA72C10
VA72C10

Those look good to me as far as height...any shorter and like you said...the roads would eat up the rims....
Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 AM   #29
250powerglide

actualy looking at them in person and in a picture on my phone the tires look to be taller in profile but after postin a picture here on this big computer screen they look perfect to me ! at any rate i wont alow myself to go any smaller i have jacked up too many wheels in my days that have left me stranded with a flat tire lol .

1969 c-10 swb 250 i6
2003 express 6.0
2007 tahoe lt 5.3 turd
Old 08-13-2011, 01:51 AM   #30
wwotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250powerglide View Post
well i cant believe i actualy found the courage to spend the money guys i bought a set of the 22'' coys c-5 chrome with nitti 265/35 tires . not only that i also got a dominator bag kit from avs ! i have been wanting to buy these for like 5 years . story is like this . i have my own little hvac business and i keep all of the old units and scrap them at the end of the year and it covers my taxes so this year i said the first 2500$ will go to the wheels that i have wanted for so long . well i was worried that my scrap load was only going to bring about 1800$ or so because it just didnt look to be alot but thankfully i was way off i ended up making out with 3700$ WOOOOOOHOOOOOO . HAHA . what a great day it was at the scrap yard ! i was feeling so good on the way home i decided to get the bag kit while my money was up . funny thing is that i had both the wheels and the bags orderd and paid for before i even got home from the scrap yard haha . what a great day thanks for letting me share my excitement board ! ill post pics of the wheels soon.
Probably better than SEX....(at least for Today)!
CONGRAZ!
back in November of 2011.
I don't visit the site much anymore,
but please feel free,
to drop me a private message.
RIP...."RATIKLE"
wwotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #31
250powerglide

yep but is shrank to a semi when i seen the cheap arse tires on my wheels hahahaha

1969 c-10 swb 250 i6
2003 express 6.0
2007 tahoe lt 5.3 turd