The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

78 Silverado - Pancho Lives! (Pics)

Four or five years ago, I started a frame off restoration on a '78 Silverado. It's been "close" for a long time, but business, personal, family with a little laziness mixed in, have kept completion at bay.

About two months ago, I decided it was time. There was tons of things to do to get the project finished and ready for Ebay. It was last worked on about a year and a half ago, when we decided to put AFR 195 Street heads on the motor, along with a swap to a little milder cam. A roller cam!

Yesterday, after may weeks of work, we finally got it started again and did a break-in. Took it for a spin around the block and was just blown away! It's been a long time waiting! Today, I pulled it out to wash the truck down of the dust and started the tedious process of polishing.

Took some pics, thought I'd post them up:

Still have a few things left to do. It has a killer audio systems. Alpine, JBL Audio amp and component speakers with a self-enclosed powered sub. Need to get the wiring to the battery nice and tucked in. Front grill and headlight bezels. Just small things now.

I'll post some more pics as progress continues!
BruthaMan is offline   Reply With Quote