The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2004, 03:57 AM   #26
Javy
Account Suspended

Truck Shop in SoCal

I live 30 miles from the "Truck Shop" in So Cal.They have the best prices in my area.Because of our freeway congestion,I've tried to order parts for delivery.Being so close,UPS ground should deliver the next day but it takes them 1 week to process my order.
The ultimate deal is to go Pomona Swapmeet to buy from them.Even better prices
without paying sales tax.
Javy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:48 AM   #27
john8746

The Truck Shop

Here you go http://www.thetruckshop.com/ Nice prople!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:37 AM   #28
70cst

Maybe I'll call this the Chevy Truck Supplier Hall of Fame...anyway here's the latest and greatest update for Chevy/GMC suppliers that you all have said are worthy of this post. Anyothers?

Christian Classics...
http://www.christiansclassics.com/Warranty.htm
Classic Heartbeat...
www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
GMC Pauls...
http://www.gmcpauls.com/
****************... Frank's Pick-M-ups...
http://www.****************.com/
Ed from Mothertruckers...
http://www.mothertruckers.net/
Atheys...
http://s-c-t-p.com/
Chevy Duty...
www.chevyduty.com/
Jerrry Brown
http://www.thetruckshop.com/

Remember...Anyone can be a peddler of our truck parts...but...You have to earn the name Supplier/Vendor of our Chevy/GMC Trucks!!

:p
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:28 AM   #29
biglou55

Exclamation

Can someone help I am trying to get into christians site all i get is his home page. and then the parts page just gives me the trucks and a bunch of red Xs .thank,s biglou every body say,s he is great to do business with. I would like to see what he has.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:37 AM   #30
70cst

Hey biglou55...
I'm not sure if Tim's sight is up and running...I know he is holding down another full time job besides his suppy business. You might want to give him a call. I might be wrong about his sight. Either way he is a Hall of Fame supplier like the others listed on this thread.
Good Luck!!
Old 04-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #31
72longbed
Account Suspended

Thumbs down The Truck Shop, Orange, CA

I wouldn't 'go there' if they were located 1 mile from my house in PA!!

The 'Roadies' that they send out to these shows are horrible representations of an employee. Why should a customer receive any less than excellent service and courtesy just because he isn't able to drive to their main shop in CA??

Their prices are cheap because their parts are crap, IMO.

Customer service is PARAMOUNT today in all business, drop the ball there and you are SCREWED!!

72longbed
72longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:49 PM   #32
smitty62

Nothing wrong with the parts--just the personnel. Most of the parts are the same ones supplied by the other vendors. Ask yourself "how many manufacturers can make a business survive making part X for this limited customer base?" If someone knows the owner's name maybe we should mail this thread to him. He needs some employee turnover bad!

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

Last edited by smitty62; 04-05-2004 at 02:51 PM.
smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #33
Mudder

I would have to agree with the vendors getting their parts from the same places. There are some exceptions but mostly they are selling the same stuff IMO.... The big auto makers today are doing the same thing. They get their parts from the same companies in a lot of cases.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:50 PM   #34
jorgensensc

A little birdy told me there are only a few suppliers of these parts. The truck shop is a vendor for 'Counterparts', which is G.M.'s parts division.
I hope I'm reciting the information correctly, but if you look at other suppliers of parts and thier prices, and look at the Truck Shops prices on the same parts, you will generally see that the other suppliers prices are a little bit higher than the Truck Shop. This is obviously to get a little bit of profit. I'm sure they get some kind of discount being a vendor, but they ususally don't undercut the Truck Shops prices.
Example Gas Tank Conversion Kit :
Truck Shop : 166.00
Other Vendors : Approx. 200.00
What is the difference in the kits? None that I have seen.

I will agree that the service isn't that great over the phone though.
I am someone who will pay a little more for good customer service, but just a little.
If the prices get too far out of wack, I will take my chances with the poor customer service.
This post is in no way disrespect the the Great Vendors here on this sight (with whom I've done business with several), I'm just trying to bring a little intelligent light to the subject.
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:08 PM   #35
busterwivell

I've dealt with the Truck Shop from Orange, CA at the Pomona Swap Meet. Haven't had any problems, because I see it before I buy it. After several dealings with them, I decided to call them for parts for my Chevelle (Car Shop). The stuff comes with Truck Shop labels on them. I've ordered between $2500 and $3000 in stuff from them in the last couple of months. In my last order, I wanted a trunk pan for the next weekend. I called Tuesday morning (They are closed Mondays). I explained that I could borrow a friends plasma cutter that weekend, so ship me all the stuff 3rd day, but only needed the pan for that weekend. The other stuff came, but no pan. I called and was told the pan was on backorder! If they had told me that when I ordered, I wouldn't have asked for (and paid for) 3rd day. Four or five items were on backorder from my first order of over $1600.00. I called on March 16th and told them I needed this stuff before I leave for DelMar (last Friday). I was told that everything on back order had already been shipped or would go out that day. A week later, a package showed up with one item in it, a couple of days later, a package showed up with one item in it, but the last set of seatbelts didn't come. I called last week and spoke to Noah. I told him I need those belts for DelMar. His response " I have to double check to make sure they haven't been double shipped!!!!!!!! Why would I call if I had them???I still don't have them. 2 of the other 3 sets don't have the logo on them. I won't be calling them again for other stuff. When I go back to working on my truck, I'll call Rick's and Wes. I've never had a problem with them.
66 Chevrolet Malibu 2 dr 4 speed
71 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn
86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Sold)
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
busterwivell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #36
72'BBGMCSGCC

Thumbs down

I totally agree with 72longbed. The experience I had when I went to the Charolette show was exactly what he described. The bottom line is their sales people ( Scott) is the one I dealt with, don't care about their customers and this is the truck shop in Calif.I will never deal with them again.
72'BBGMCSGCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:49 PM   #37
gizmo
100% Beefcake

I bought from them at Carlisle PA 3 years ago. They seemed to be friendly then. But 2 years everything I asked for they were out of because of the show they attended before they arrived at Carlisle. I guess they never restocked before Carlisle. The guy tried to wait on another customer before I was finished. I then asked the guy why did they ever bother to show up if they never had anything. The guy just walked away. Last year I never even bothered to stop by their stand. Their loss, not mine!
1969 C10,350,4:11 posi, Fast Enough
1984 Monte Carlo SS
1987 Chevy S-10, 355 w/150 Shot of Nitrous, Fun,Fun
1938 Nash Lafayette
1956 MG Magnette
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:45 PM   #38
tripp

i've been very happy with the items i have ordered from the Truck Shop in Orange, Ca. I've ordered over a thousand dollars worth of stuff over the years and have been happy every time. their order taking over the phone is much better, now that they have a computer order processing system. previous to the computer, a fax order sheet was your best bet. i like LMC, but their prices are much higher. however, on occasion LMC will have an item that the Truck Shop won't have.

btw, just to plug a board vendor.... i met Tim Christian at Moultrie, Georgia show back in February he did me right on a 68 fender and inner fender and i appreciate it. you guys buy from Tim at Christian's Classics. you'll be happy like i am.
72 Suburban
72 2wd Blazer
tripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:53 PM   #39
busterwivell

The big brown truck came by last night with a package from them. It had a seat belt set in it. I now have 3 different styles of seat belts for my Chevelle! I can't believe this! I've got to call them today!
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
Old 04-07-2004, 04:48 PM   #40
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

I just happen to notice yesterday that the "350 Turbo Fire 325 HP" air cleaner decal that I ordered was sent incorrectly. Instead they send a plain ol' 245 HP valve cover decal, with the part number for the one I ordered shown on the invoice.

All yesterday afternoon, and all of today on the phone trying (unsuccessfully, I might add) to get a RA number to send back a $2.00 item!

These people suck!!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #41
70cst

After reading all these responses...It is good to have a list of suppliers who are well respected. I realize that you can't please everyone but if you can please most of your customers your doing ok. It seems like the Truck Shop in CA isn't doing to well. On the bright side...we do have a lot of other GOOD suppliers to puchase our truck parts from.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #42
busterwivell

I called yesterday, four times. The first two, I got put on hold and disconnected. On the third one, they took my numbber and said Noah was out to lunch, but would have him call me back. He did, while I was with a patient. I called back, he was unavailable. I haven't had time to call back yet today.
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
Old 04-08-2004, 11:28 PM   #43
busterwivell

I'll try this again. I called for Noah at about noon. Told the lady who asked that I wanted to talk about the different types of seat belts I was getting to fill the back orders. She said he was on the phone with two calls waiting. Offered to let let me hold (duh) or have him call back. I was in the office until 4, he didn't call (again). I got home, looked at the belts I have, and see that the one set that came first was exactly as they show in the catalog. The second two sets they sent are just like them, but without the seat belt emblems (shown in the catalog available at $12 a pair, but the belts show the emblems on the when you order the belts from the catalog) and the last set, that came Tuesday night, aren't even shown in the catalog. They have chrome buckle, a sleeve over the belt, a retractor; not even close. The way I see it, they owe me a pair of seat belt emblems and a last set of belts. I'll keep you posted on what happens with my calls tomorrow and Saturday, if necessary.
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
Old 04-09-2004, 02:37 PM   #44
busterwivell

Just spoke to Noah. Explained the problem. Said to send back the wrong belt. Gave me a return Auth. #. I told him I'd take to UPS today, he said no, he'll have it picked up and will send the correct belt and the emblems. Sounds like the problem could be solved.
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
Old 04-09-2004, 07:11 PM   #45
smitty62

Don't you believe it---I'm STILL waiting for my gas sender gasket and locking ring--also , credit has not been issued to my CC for the returned parts. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #46
busterwivell

I'll keep you posted.
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
Old 04-10-2004, 01:37 PM   #47
roden001

Thanks to all who are posting on this thread. For someone like me, who is just getting into classic chevy trucks, it's great to have a place to read people's opinions of parts dealers.
roden001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #48
Smitty

tt
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:15 PM   #49
Smitty

Talked to Noah on Tuesday the 13th after one of the people on the order desk told me my part was going to be shipped that afternoon. Lots of excuses! This is after being told the week before that it would be shipped on the 9th. Well today is Friday so I called Noah again and was told it was being shipped today and finally given a tracking #. Needless to say I was slightly irrate by now and tired of lame excuses about the company policy of holding checks and money orders for 15 working days when any bank in the country will honor an out of state check after 10 days. I'm thoroughly disgusted with this place and their long list of excuses and will never send any of my hard earned dollars their way again. He told me the people on the order desk couldn't tell me when the parts were being shipped. But they in fact did give me dates both times.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:43 PM   #50
70cst

Hey Smitty...
I just realized something. You can have a truck built faster then ordering truck parts from your supplier. Maybe we need a Truck Supplier Hall of Shame?

Are you sure these guys are not Ford suppliers in disguise?