The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2004, 05:03 PM   #1
Smitty

The Truck Shop

On March 23rd I ordered a small shift indicator lens from these people. $7 + tax + $7 shipping. Sent a postal money order for payment due to their minimum order requirements. Today I called to find out the status, and was told that like a personal check they hold the order for 10 days as they would with a personal check. Needless to say I'm pof because I can see a hold on personal checks, but everyone else treats postal money orders like cash. For me this is like two experiences with them all in one (the first and Last). Was told this policy was in their catalog and when I looked and found no such statement they told me that maybe it was going to be published in a later edition! I wonn't need one!
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #2
Jeremy_5
Truck addict

Smitty,

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about ordering some parts from them.
Jeremy_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

It might be a fairly new policy. There has been a lot crooks distibuting fake Money-Orders and Cashier Checks lately. They are easy to create on a computer and no way for someone to tell if they are real until the bank distibutes the $.

With that in mind, don't accept a Cashiers check from anyone if you sell a car. Go to the bank with them and get cash. The bank will accept the cashiers check, deposit the $ in your account and then pull the $ back out when they discover the cashiers check is fake. In the mean time, your car has been taking overseas or chopped.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #4
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

I ordered from The Truck Shop. (www.truckandcarshop.com) and I gave them a credit card and my order (which was BIG) got here in about 10 days. I was really happy with the quality and the price. Guess it just depends. I sent a fax with all of my order (6 pages worth) and EVERYTHING was included in that order when it got here. I had a very good experience. Just my 2 cents
Diane

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:36 PM   #5
Bill72BB
Thats the Hillbilly way

I've had good dealing with them , but always drive down to get my stuff.
Member Old Farts Club
72 3/4ton Custom Camper BB402/400 trans Dynomax Cerama-coat headers , Hei distributor ,Edelbrock 1411 air,ps,pb,leafsprings ,98 chevy 60/40 seat,S10 shoulder belts
tilt,3.54 Dana 60 rear. 16" Eagle wheels with LT265/75 16 tires,Gaylord Lid,H4 headlights with 100W relay conversion.

" If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself "
Marriage changes passion...suddenly you're in bed with a relative. A GUY'S PRAYER....

Lord, I pray for a nympho with huge boobs who owns a liquor store and likes to fish and hunt and has a Harley .Amen ,
Bill72BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #6
Pilgrim

I have had to return about half the items I bought from them as the either substitute or are careless or hurried picking from their bins. The stuff I kept has been very good. $.02.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:34 PM   #7
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

I just recieved my first and last order from them today as well. Rude customer service, too long to ship, wouldn't give me UPS tracking numbers (?!?), and only had one of everything that I needed in pairs (wheel cylinders, disc brake rebuild kits, etc.).

Their prices are OK, but I have done MUCH better elsewhere! I'll pay a little more for better service and all of what I want. Hell, LMC has been getting alot of my business lately cause they have been VERY competitive price-wise, and I always get my stuff in two days!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:15 AM   #8
Sweet72

Well now, I've found LMC to be a little pricey as compared to the vendors here on the board. Never dealt with The Truck Shop though.
'72 GMC SWB C1500 Custom, frame-off in progress. 383 SBC, 9:1CR, Comp Cams XE262H, Scat internal balanced crank, Eagle SIR 6" rods, Keith Black dish pistons, Dart Iron Eagle 72/180 heads, Weiand Stealth intake, Stewart stage I water pump, Holley 4bbl vac sec, TH350 with B&M Shift Improver Kit. 12 bolt positraction.
Sweet72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:56 PM   #9
72'BBGMCSGCC

Thumbs down

I went down to the Charolette speedway yesterday at the big car show that they have twice a year and their sales person was helping some one else in front of me and when he got through with the other person, he just walked away from me like I wasn't there and I had been waiting for help for 10-15 minutes.When he finally came back about 10 minutes later he said can I help you and I said I had a list of things and he said I don't have time to help you , I thought you only wanted a couple of things. I said to him I had been waiting here for a long time and asked him what difference did it make whether it was a big or small order? and asked him ,if he wanted my money or not? He said I'm too busy and walked away from me. Then he comes back as I was standing with my family where I can hear it and says to another sales person Oh "F em" and We got into a argument and I told him he had no right to treat his customers like that and that I would be calling his superior . My 2 cents. Don't buy from these people They are bad business and are not friendly and very unproffessional and don't care about their customers. The only reason I was buying some parts from them was I can't find them anywhere else.I'll just use the parts I've got. They aren't worth it.
72'BBGMCSGCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:48 PM   #10
slam33

I've never had a problem with them, but I go there to get my stuff. On saterday mornings the place is always packed

" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/stevemau/slam33page.html?1004806705410

</A>
slam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:36 PM   #11
Vince M

Ditto..never had a problem with them. I just used a credit card. Actually I found their service to be very good. Just depends on who you get I guess.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:28 PM   #12
bodazpa

Ive had many , many,a dealings with Jerry(the owner), and Jason(the #2 in charge) and have never had even a slight problem with them. In fact I`ve even called to order a part and when I went to give him my credit card # he said wait till you get it and make sure you like it first.. I have probally spent close to 5,000 dollars with him. He has even walked me threw a 20 minute process on the phone..Now after 3 years of doing bussiness with him I`m on a first name bases with them... sorry you had a bad experience. I guess any thing is possible.......just my .02
71 chevy 4x4 ,np205 transfer case, 3 speed tranny, sjs 283, 4in suspension lift, and 71 hugger orange paint,33x12.5 parnelli jones on 15x10 m/t classicII, cowl hood,new bed painted, linex liner. Truck has been completed since 2005....
2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71, on 6in super lift w/ 35in tires
RNG4x4 aka the "Redneck Roller"
words to live by "If it fits, it fits"
"friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies..."
Sponsored by "Kick Ass Kustom"
bodazpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:26 PM   #13
1972ChevyGuy

Is this the truck shop from Orange, CA? I just bought some clear tail lenses from them at the Charlotte Auto Fair and they gave me red Does anyone here have a email address I can contact them at?
1972ChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:32 PM   #14
Don Loverink
Account Suspended

Truck Shop

I see people on this forum are talking about more than one Truck Shop, the original guy who started this threa should have said the name of the town he was dealing with. Im sure there are more than one "The Truck Shop" places. I deal a lot with The Truck Shop in Crossville Tennesee and those guys know their parts and are easy to deal with. Ive talked to Jerry Brown a lot and sent him money orders and he always tells me the parts will meet the money orders on their way which means he sends out the parts before my cash is in his hand. there must be a different The truck shop you're talking about.
Don Loverink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:39 PM   #15
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Both '' Truck Shops '' are at the Auto Fair. I spent most of my $$ with Tim Christian!! And will in the future.
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 11:16 PM   #16
john8746

THE TRUCK SHOP

Ive had many , many,a dealings with Jerry(the owner), and Jason(the #2 in charge) and have never had even a slight problem with them. In fact I`ve even called to order a part and when I went to give him my credit card # he said wait till you get it and make sure you like it first.. I have probally spent close to 5,000 dollars with him. He has even walked me threw a 20 minute process on the phone..Now after 3 years of doing bussiness with him I`m on a first name bases with them... sorry you had a bad experience. I guess any thing is possible

When at Carlisle Pa. they even put the parts I bought inthere van
and drove them to my Truck It don't get any better My $.02
Old 04-03-2004, 11:39 PM   #17
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Quote:
Originally posted by bodazpa
In fact I`ve even called to order a part and when I went to give him my credit card # he said wait till you get it and make sure you like it first..
Hell, part of my one and only order was a pair of caliper rebuild kits. When I called a week and a half later to track my order (to which I was told I couldn't have my tracking numbers), I was then told that they only had 1 in stock and would back order the other. When I told them to cancel the kits and credit my card, I was told that they can't do that either. They cannot credit my charge card??? Are they that stupid or what?? The only explination I could get is "we just can't do that, but we can give you a store credit for the amount."

I now have "store credit" that I will absolutely never use!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:18 PM   #18
Smitty

The Truck Shop I was dealing with is in Orange Cal. Earllier I tried to find a few things that would bring the total to an amount that would allow me to bring the total to an amount that I could use the plastic. But they no longer carried the parts that I was interested in which is why I opted for the Postal Money order. I can understand why a company would have such a policy. But the customer should be informed so they have a choice as to do or not do business with them. In their catalog which I had recently picked up at Pamona stated this waiting period was for personal checks and nothing was stated about money orders. Most of my business has been with Rick's because he is usually at the Swap Meets in San Diego and has always been a stand up guy to deal with but he did not have this particular item.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 03:51 PM   #19
smitty62

The Truck Shop-Orange, Ca.

Here is my Truck Shop story. Ordered a Blazer gas tank conversion when I seen the deal at $166. Set on the shelf for about 3 months as I wasn't ready for it. Installed the tank--sending unit wouldn't fit. Called for Tech Service-got a courteous guy that said I had a truck sending unit instead of a Blazer--he turned me over to Noah to get it straightened out. Noah says he'll send me the correct sender and bill my cc--I should return the truck sender-(cost me another $7.50 even tho not my error) and he will issue credit--while packing it wife says aren't you going to send these back too? (the gasket and locking ring) I say they're the same for the Blazer sender and it's just my luck they won't send them with the Blazer sending unit, but conscience forces me to include them in the box---get the correct Blazer sender and you guessed it, no gasket or locking ring--called Noah, he says they are not included with sender- I say, they were in the original package--Noah says OK-out of the goodness of his heart he will send me a gasket and locking ring with the parting shot that I should have kept the originals--excuse me for being honest, I say.
That is where we stand--tune in next week when we find out (A) does Smitty get all his parts as promised? (B)does Smitty get the credit for the returned sender? (C)Does Smitty go postal and travel heavily armed to Orange CA.? (D) Does Smitty strangle wife for her good intentions? or (E) does Smitty EVER order anything else from aforesaid Truck Shop?
Attached Images

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:48 PM   #20
kaycee

I just ordered the tank conv. allso all I got in the first package was the tank.So I called and asked them where the rest of it was,they told me it was backordered.Waited a week and called them and they told me they just got them in and would ship out.Package came and all I got was the sending unit,waited another week and the straps finnally came.I'll shop somewhere else
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #21
supercheyenne

This is exactly why I won't do bussiness with anyone other than ECE and the board vendors.

Haven't had a problem yet.
In one instance I recieved more than I ordered (ricks pickup parts) and called and offered to pay..... he said keep it for free, it was our mistake. Can't get anymore stand up than that.
supercheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:14 PM   #22
jorgensensc

Wow, I guess the only way you get good service with the Truck Shop is if you go there in person. I used to go there all the time, and never had a problem.... I haven't ordered through them since I moved to Texas. Now I'm kinda scared to.

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:42 PM   #23
72longbed
Account Suspended

Thumbs down 'California Truck Shop'

I knew immediately which 'Truck Shop' the member with the complaint was talking about! There's absolutely no comparing Jerry Brown to the RUDE, IGNORANT, OBNOXIOUS slobs that travel with the California Truck Shop Co. to the Carlisle, PA car and truck shows!!

One thing I now know for sure, is that whenever I see their big white tents spread out at a show, this is a place where I can go and have "sales people" be very rude to me!! I don't know why it is but I can't seem to just 'keep on walkin' right past their tents.... I always get sucked in by the shiny Taiwan sh!t they sell and have to stick around to watch the show as their "sales people" basically spit in peoples faces verbally.

I've been buying from and selling to the general public for 36 years and have never experienced such a CRUDE, ragtag, toothless, tobacco spittin' while sellin', VULGAR while sellin', bunch of misfits that represent a company.

I hope they get to read this for they are really screwing themselves over in PA with the TRASH they send from California to hawk their SH!T!!!!

BTW, I used to actually buy their stuff but ended up sending most of it back because of very POOR quality.

Jerry Brown from down South, is one of the nicest, most accomodating, helpful people you will ever meet and/or do business with.

(See, I can say nice things about GOOD people.)

72longbed

Last edited by 72longbed; 04-04-2004 at 10:46 PM.
72longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:12 PM   #24
Bill72BB
Thats the Hillbilly way

Could someone describe these people . I want to make sure if I go down their again they aren't waiting on me.
I hope it's 2 different group of employee's .
Member Old Farts Club
72 3/4ton Custom Camper BB402/400 trans Dynomax Cerama-coat headers , Hei distributor ,Edelbrock 1411 air,ps,pb,leafsprings ,98 chevy 60/40 seat,S10 shoulder belts
tilt,3.54 Dana 60 rear. 16" Eagle wheels with LT265/75 16 tires,Gaylord Lid,H4 headlights with 100W relay conversion.

" If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself "
Marriage changes passion...suddenly you're in bed with a relative. A GUY'S PRAYER....

Lord, I pray for a nympho with huge boobs who owns a liquor store and likes to fish and hunt and has a Harley .Amen ,
Bill72BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:45 AM   #25
70cst

If someone will post Jerry's websight I will add it to my list if they are a worthy supplier? Sounds like he's a good supplier for truck parts...

Christian Classics...
http://www.christiansclassics.com/Warranty.htm
Classic Heartbeat...
www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
GMC Pauls...
http://www.gmcpauls.com/
****************... Frank's Pick-M-ups...
http://www.****************.com/
Ed from Mothertruckers...
http://www.mothertruckers.net/
Atheys...
http://s-c-t-p.com/
Chevy Duty...
www.chevyduty.com/
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote