The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Good Grief Yall...

Julie,could you answer a question about woman troubles? JUST KIDDING!! As much as I was in my prior post. I like a sprinkle of humor every now and then,too (like whenever I breath).

I used to answer every question I saw asked. At some point I really let up because it was the same questions over and over again. I realize that's because of how long I've been here and people keep on joining. But,that's not why the same questions were being asked. It's because I was giving the wrong answers!!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #27
mr48chev

I have to commend you Mr Handy. It's a revelation to see someone come on the board and "search first" before asking a question that may still have the answer on the first page of threads.
We have a great mix of people, from those who restore their trucks to exactly how they left the factory including exactly how the cotter keys were clipped an bent on the steering to those of us who have highly modified body work and or engines or engine swaps.

We often offer comments to help the other guys build or restore their trucks to a higher level. Usually but not always those suggestions are within the receiver's skill or budget level.

Sometimes we just scratch our heads at what someone else wants to do with his truck.
We are a diverse group who have many different concepts on how a truck should be done. The keep it stone stock folks hate any modification no matter how tasteful it is. The keep the body stock brigade but do engine or chassis swaps and modifications guys tend to hate to see those of us who prefer to chop the tops on our trucks do serious modifications to the bodys. The Gotta have the latest trickest engine, wheels, tires and trinket group can't fathom why anyone would run wide whitewalls on steel wheels with hubcaps while those of us who prefer a more traditional looking truck shake our heads in disbelief when we see photos of a stack of 20's beside a stack of 22's in a garage beside a truck that is now sporting 24's because they are this week's hot lick even though the truck hasn't yet been driven around the block on it's own since the build started. No matter what the build it is the quality of the build that we like. Those extra hours a guy spent making a bracket perfect rather than stopping at "that's good enough" for this truck.

As a group we are high on safety, not only on the trucks guys are building but doing safe shop practices. No matter what the build concept we want to see the others build safe trucks. We seldom have someone with ideas that are so far off base that it would only lead to a destroyed truck but when we do we offer positive suggestions along with pointing out that the concept won't work. More often we tend to point out that what may have been the hot lick chassis modification in the 70's or 80's really wasn't all that great of a modification then and there are better ways to go now.

One last thing and that is don't take it the wrong way if some of the suggestions offered up are way off your personal budget. Some guys just tend to offer up suggestions for what they see as the hot lick thing and a on the board or vendor or two may offer up their product that while being absolute perfection can often be several times what a guy has budgeted for that component for the build. Some of us buy rebuild kits from Northern auto parts while others spend hours deciding which crate motor they are going to order. We may not always do enough research on a guy's total build to figure out what his build budget may be before offering suggestions.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrett71 View Post
I know exactly what you mean there!!!!! I was a member of a forum once and every thread I looked at there was someone telling the OP to "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION STUPID, THIS HAS BEEN COVERED BEFORE!" answer. Or another forum where the standard answer was to "CHECK THE CHILTON BOOK, STUPID!"

I'm glad we don't have that here, of course it does get a little annoying reading people ask about how to get the ignition tumbler out. "lol:
Myself I like to see that question, because it gives me something to reply to once in a while that I actually know something about...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #29
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrett71 View Post
I'm glad we don't have that here, of course it does get a little annoying reading people ask about how to get the ignition tumbler out. "lol:
The question I seem to see the most is "what do I need to convert a 71 to a 68?" or something very similar.

I've had the same issues with other forums too. I want simple answers to questions on my Mustang, so I use the search function, but the threads are usually only a couple responses because "it's been talked about before" but the problem is, those threads are so old they either don't show up, or they're burried pages deep and I have to go through 50 threads to get to them.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote