The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:24 AM   #26
ThatOneBlue67
I survived Dead Man's Curve.

Re: Motor Confusion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_fatman View Post
...and if you ain't no farmer what the hell are you doing with a truck?
I don't know, maybe you should ask the guy that lowered the truck in your avatar. Buddy.

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10
350 Eight Cylinder, 700R4 BowtieOverdrive

Cherry Bomb... Disturbing the Peace Since 1968.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:13 AM   #27
junkyardjohn

SOME PEOPLES KIDS JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN TO QUIT. AN OLD MAN THAT I SERVED MY APPRENTICESHIP FOR YEARS AGO ALWAYS TOLD ME "YA CAN'T LEARN ANYTHING WITH YOUR MOUTH OPEN". ... HE WAS RIGHT . JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
Old 09-27-2006, 08:50 AM   #28
Tynee
I miss this truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneBlue67 View Post
I don't know, maybe you should ask the guy that lowered the truck in your avatar. Buddy.

I understand that I'm just a volunteer, but I'd heed this advice. Quit poking at Fatman and he'll quit poking at you. You asked a question, he answered it. Just because you didn't like his answer is no reason to tell him its a good thing you don't know where he lives. Just remember, it takes two people to argue. If you don't reply, neither will he.

N2trux has alrady stepped in here and requested that we keep it civil. The next time a mod or admin comes in, there won't be any more requests made.

'08 Crew Cab Z-71 short bed. Really like this truck A LOT.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:53 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

Paul,you`re crackin`me up,man.I didn`t know you had it in ya!The next time I want to do some head-knockin`I`m bringin`you along.
NOT TRYING TO FUEL THE FIRE!!!!It was said,you need to define the scope a bit before you can make statements about what`s "BETTER".A teeny little 4-banger can run "8"s at the trackA little 3cyl Kabota tractor can pull anything as long as it has traction.A diesel can haul weight up a hill better,yet make a dang fast strip machine.There are 500+hp semis and 36 hp Volkswagons.They all beat walkin`....Well,unless it`s acroos a creek,through the mall,down a narrow path through the woods,or in your front door.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 09-27-2006, 09:52 AM   #30
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

Even if you never haul anything heavier than a trophy home from a show in the bed of your truck it is important to rememebr that these *are* trucks, they are heavy and that a back pocket full of stump yanking torque will pin your ears back better at the stop light than stock car like horse power that doesn't show up until 4000 rpm.

We should also remember that very, very few of these trucks are going to be measured by the timing lights at the strip. Creativity plays a major role in this hobby and mighty as the 4" 60 degree block may be; they are about as common as crickets in a barn.

One last thought -- No matter what anyone's thoughts on these issues may be; there is no reason to make it personal.
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #31
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynee View Post
N2trux has alrady stepped in here and requested that we keep it civil. The next time a mod or admin comes in, there won't be any more requests made.

correct.. and now its closed

im to tired to act right so just cut the crap . Pissing matches are against the rules.. and generally annoying
Closed Thread