The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2005, 01:45 AM   #1
shuttermutt
Don't say "Oops!", Doctor

Don't try this at home, kids!

I'm sad to report that another one bites the dust. After a minor repair and weeks of no troubles, the brakes on my 68 completely failed as I was taking a turn off of highway 100 in Minneapolis. I tried to control the truck as best I could, but the end result was a near parallel smack into the concrete barrier at about 40. I spent a few hours in the ER, got 11 stitches on top of my head, a nice shiner on my right eye and a number of other cuts and bruises.

I'm about as good as can be expected, though. See?

(what you don't see are the cuts on the bridge of my nose, a nice, black right eye and so forth -- you can see the dried blood on my shirt, though!)

I do have one favor to ask anyone that's willing to help a guy out. See, my truck is at a tow lot in Minneapolis. I'm sure the bill is going to be very high so the sooner I can get what's left out of there, the better off I'll be. If there's anyone in the area that's got access to a trailer and maybe a place to put the old girl up until my old man and I can make arrangements to pick it up, I would be VERY grateful. Just let me know how I can make it worth your while.

Remember, check those brakes carefully and PUT IN SHOULDER BELTS if you haven't done so already! Oh, and hug your local EMT and police officer. They were both on-site in a matter of just a couple of minutes. They were very courteous, helpful and really wonderful folks.
1967 C10 SWB: Claimed when Bumpster didn't put it on his list
shuttermutt is offline   Reply With Quote