The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #26
**grumpy**

Re: Vintage Metal Flake Steering Wheel

Sorry guys.
I shoulda guessed he'd be low or out.
He sets up a large display at 3 local huge swapmeets here in NE Ohio, and also does both Carlisle and Hershey in PA.

I know he was getting low at the fall Canfield show. Just assumed he was able to restock.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #27
glendale

o.k. as promised hear are the pics of my wheel. i actually like it alot. i did not want metal flake i think the dash is plenty. and i like the fact that it's stainless it will never rust.

glendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #28
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

I like it! Is the rim plastic like the metalflake versions, or is it porous like the old foam wheels? It looks shiny like the vinyl ones. Also, is that a Moon horn button/bullet, or did you work that up yourself? Looks great with the interior.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #29
glendale

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
I like it! Is the rim plastic like the metalflake versions, or is it porous like the old foam wheels? It looks shiny like the vinyl ones. Also, is that a Moon horn button/bullet, or did you work that up yourself? Looks great with the interior.
the rim is more like rubber than anything. it's shiny and very easy to clean. and very easy to get dirty. the horn ring is the mooneyes bullet. and mark thanks for turning me onto it.
glendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #30
62 Bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendale View Post
the rim is more like rubber than anything. it's shiny and very easy to clean. and very easy to get dirty. the horn ring is the mooneyes bullet. and mark thanks for turning me onto it.
Nice, now I want one
62 Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #31
DWC

I had a grant wheel with a black vinyl grip that I just painted white. It's held up so far. Maybe black would be easier find and you could paint whatever color. Not true vintage but cheap/easy, just a thought.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:12 AM   #32
NF65Fleetside

For those in socal that are still interested in them or just a large variety of wheels to choose from theres a guy who sets up booth at both the Long Beach Performance swapmeet and Pamona too! Long Beach is this sunday along with the Grand National Roadster show
NF65Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:58 AM   #33
72lb4x4
Account Suspended

I guess I'm low class but the I'd steer clear of the big flakes myself.
72lb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #34
terd ferguson

The first two are of my vintage Superior 500, gold with a little green.It's on my '55, King Of Trucks. The third pic is not mine, but I'd just about give a nut to get it. It's a vintage Grant from a Japanese collector...
Attached Images

1955 2nd Series Chevy "King Of Trucks"

Last edited by terd ferguson; 01-28-2010 at 09:28 AM.
terd ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #35
Sicboy

It's about time you took a break from your HAMB Flake thread and posted over here. I see your still havin blue balls over a green wheel.

Project build (2): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=370985

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...Wow, What a Ride!”
- Hunter S. Thompson
Sicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:47 AM   #36
terd ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicboy View Post
It's about time you took a break from your HAMB Flake thread and posted over here. I see your still havin blue balls over a green wheel.
I was going to do green flake in my '63 interior but I sold it before I got to it. My '55 is going to have some Roth Ghetto Gold flake on the dash to match the wheel and maybe a little teeny bit of gold Zodiac naugahyde for the piping and contrast stripes for the white tuck & roll. I still really want to do one with a green flaked out interior, but it just doesn't feel right in my '55.

I love these steering wheels. Especially the old ones. The new ones are all the same, only one kind of red, one kind of green, etc.. The old ones had tons of color variations from maker to maker and year to year it seems. I've seen a bunch of different "gold" wheels. From almost yellow to "gold" gold to silver gold to gold with green. It's the same thing with the blues and greens.

1955 2nd Series Chevy "King Of Trucks"
terd ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:52 AM   #37
Sicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terd ferguson View Post
I was going to do green flake in my '63 interior but I sold it before I got to it. My '55 is going to have some Roth Ghetto Gold flake on the dash to match the wheel and maybe a little teeny bit of gold Zodiac naugahyde for the piping and contrast stripes for the white tuck & roll. I still really want to do one with a green flaked out interior, but it just doesn't feel right in my '55.

I love these steering wheels. Especially the old ones. The new ones are all the same, only one kind of red, one kind of green, etc.. The old ones had tons of color variations from maker to maker and year to year it seems. I've seen a bunch of different "gold" wheels. From almost yellow to "gold" gold to silver gold to gold with green. It's the same thing with the blues and greens.

Yea, I'm purdy stoked about mine.

Project build (2): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=370985

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...Wow, What a Ride!”
- Hunter S. Thompson
Sicboy is offline   Reply With Quote