The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #26
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: Add a tach?

The other isuue is that LMC doesn't appear to offer a tach specific cluster housing....the ones they show allow for a clock but not for a small fuel gauge. If they are going to offer optional repro gauges for a tach setup, should should offer the correct housing too-that way either repro or OEM stuff will fit without modifying anything. So that is still the hangup imo....otherwise, its cool you can get the repro tachs and small fuel gauges now. The 81- up tach they show doesn't have the RPM colorband I noticed either.....maybe if they were GM approved repros they could make it 100% correct.
Posted via Mobile Device
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #27
86 Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Trailblazer SS View Post
I searched for months and paid $200 for a donor tach cluster, plus had to buy the last brand new NOS '81 cluster case in GM's entire dealer network, a new printed circuit from Classic Industries, some gloss ultra white spray paint, 3-chip LEDs, and here is what I ended up with...

Posted via Mobile Device
Gotta ask as I'm doing the same thing you did. Bought the wiring harness from LMC and ran brown to distributor, black grounded, and cut off the pigtail end for power/red and spliced on make end then plugged right into fuse panel....tach won't work! All other gauges work. Any ideas??? How did you wire in the tach?
Posted via Mobile Device
86 Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #28
Duramax40

Thanks for the good info guys. I too am trying to find a tach/clock cluster for an LS swap project.
Posted via Mobile Device
Duramax40 is offline   Reply With Quote