The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
Thunderace1997

New guy with questions, imagine that :-)

Hey all, new to the board and thinking of getting a Chevy pickup. Not new with cars just new with the Chevy pickups so I have some questions. I used the search bar and was unable to find my anwsers...says that my key words are to common and wouldn't come up with anything.

I'm looking at a 72 C/20 long bed with 350 and three speed automatic. I'll get some pictures tonight when I go to work if its still light out. the cab has rust in the lower inner and outer rocker below the door, rusted all the way through. The floors appear to be solid. the cab corners are sollid. not sure about the fire wall. the door bottoms are rusted through. the front fenders and hood are good with no rust. the bed floor is rusted of course. the bed walls appear to be in good shape and the tailgate has rusted holes in it. It runs but I would tear it down and rebuild it. the wiring looks ghetto to....then again the truck is in the ghetto so that might explain it. The guy wants $800. Does any one think this is a decent price, I know its hard with out pics so I'll try to get some tonight. I was thinking of waiting a little while and if its still for sale offer him $500.

Whats the difference between the C/20 and C/10? Is the three speed auto that Chevy made in 72 the same as the turbo 350 3 speed my buddy had in his 84 monte SS? Is the C/20 worth getting to hot rod out? Did the 72's come with a 12 bolt and 10 bolt rear that year or are they all 12 bolt?

Thanks for any imput that could help me out.

Josh
Thunderace1997 is offline   Reply With Quote