The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Frizzle Fry

Talking Bringing Home the Six Fo!

This is the truck I learned how to drive in at the age of 10. It was originally a PG&E truck (Cali). My Dad was the 2nd or 3rd owner. He owned it from the mid 70's till 1999 when he gave it to me. I took it down to San Jose from Sonoma and did a little spay-bomb resto on it and used it as my commuter, bombin the 101 daily till sometime in mid 2000. When I moved to Oregon and bought a house with a Home Owners Association I gave it to my brother in Boise with the agreement that it would stay in the family. Well, it has served him well and now I have a more "country" property with no HOA (thank God) and the need for a truck to use as a truck!

So next Tuesday I have a one-way ticket to Boise. I'll spend Wednesday making sure she's road worthy and head west early Thursday morning on the 457 mile journey home The gas will cost more than the airfare

This truck has all original sheetmetal (exception: ds bedside) with rust free rockers and floors. My plans are to use (not abuse) it around the property and eventually do a shortbed/big window conversion on it. It needs to lose a little altitude and get its OG wheels back too. ...and lose those mirrors; what was I thinking? Knowing myself that will probably happen sooner than later.

Here's what it looked like around 2000/2001:

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 06-05-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote