The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2007, 01:56 AM   #26
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Re: new a/c pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz View Post
I had a link to a new tech way for hose clamps. They were cool since they didn't use the screw-type clamp bands. Last year I notice one of the top street rods used a similar clamping system. It was real smoooooth...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T7 View Post
Was it the Gates heat shrink bands?
http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?br...ocation_id=546
Very clean looking clamping system. And they work very well. Fairly cheap also.
As for the cool billet bulkhead fitting, It's been a few years back, but I think you have to tell them when you order the kit that you want that option.
They have to adjust (shorten) the outlets to accept the billet fitting.
Thanks for the 'PowerGrip' link 7T7. But, I one I faguely remember was completely round in shape vs. the Gates hex shape. It was also fairly cheap. I came across a few years ago. But, wouldn't you know it, I can't find the link. But, I'll keep searching. But, the Gates product doesn't look too bad. Visualizing boatpuller's mod with these would be

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #27
boatpuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by culookn View Post
like the setup. how does it perform?
i haven't got the line's all ran and hooked up yet.still doing a few odds and ends.then i'll take it in and get it charged up.i'm suprised at the amount of interest in this project,i've got pm's with question's also.which is great i'm glad to help.i'll post when i get some cold air flowing.the heater and defrost work great.

Thanks for the 'PowerGrip' link 7T7. But, I one I faguely remember was completely round in shape vs. the Gates hex shape. It was also fairly cheap. I came across a few years ago. But, wouldn't you know it, I can't find the link. But, I'll keep searching. But, the Gates product doesn't look too bad. Visualizing boatpuller's mod with these would be

hey boxrodz,if you find it,post it. i like the gates 7t7 posted but,am wanting too see what your talking about. thanks man
Old 02-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #28
7T7
Regular guy

Actually, that's a bad photo on there web site. The bands are in fact, round thin plastic tubes just like heat shrink tubing.
Most auto parts stores that carry Gate products can get them for you.
Edelbrock MPFI, 700r4, Baer Brakes
9" F@rd rear, Vintage air, Bags etc etc..
7T7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #29
Pyrotechnic

I'm fine with the stock A/C box even as ugly as it is, I'd just like to move my compressor over to the passenger side like you did. I never understood why they put it on the drivers side and crossed all those massive hoses over.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #30
boxrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T7 View Post
Actually, that's a bad photo on there web site. The bands are in fact, round thin plastic tubes just like heat shrink tubing.
Most auto parts stores that carry Gate products can get them for you.
Yeah, I've located a place by the airpark that supposely distributes them. I may have to check them out if I can't find the other clamp.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
Old 03-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #31
boxrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpuller View Post
hey boxrodz,if you find it,post it. i like the gates 7t7 posted but,am wanting too see what your talking about. thanks man
Fer sure.
But, for the life of me, I still can't find it. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know.