The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2015, 07:19 AM   #26
hammersmith

Re: Lmc truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimc View Post
There is an LMC dealer in London Ont. I was curious about this also.
. I use bills truck shop in Courtice for most everything. He has a parts catalog you can download that has used parts as well and will snail mail you small pieces if he can. When I was looking for a tonneau cover for my 70 LB I found one in the LMC catalog which I use for reference alot and called hot night hot rods in Caledon who are a LMC dealer. He was very helpful but by the time you pay currency exchange and customs It was to expensive.Getting one made up now old school with the domes on the box. I have ordered from LMC in the past and had them deliver to my parents trailer in Florida then they bring them back in the spring with no problem with the quality or service so far.Bills is still my favorite plus he's easily wound up if you want to have some fun. He knows his stuff.
hammersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:51 AM   #27
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

LMC is all about cheap parts and not about quality. They do purchase some of my American made parts, but also took some of my parts I spent years developing. My design, and made in America. Sent them to China and had them copied because they are cheaper. Also crap parts now too. WES
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #28
BC10

These are the vendors that I have bought stuff from in the order of satisfaction.

Classic Heartbeat, Mar K, Brothers, Classic Industries, LMC, and The Truck Shop.

Since so much of my time and effort is spent on buying and waiting for parts, I go for quality. I hate having to return stuff.

Mar K has sheet metal parts that are second none.

Classic Heartbeat has great service and parts.

LMC has phone operators that know very little about their products, The Truck Shop has you wait almost 10-15 mins before you speak to a human. Both companies products are cheap, and some have had fitment issues. I've had problems with bumper brackets, window rubber, and engine dress up parts. One thing with LMC is that they have almost everything, and their catalog is very comprehensive.
BC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:02 AM   #29
jocko

It's tempting to just pick up their great catalog and order away with the assumption you're going to save on shipping, and you might by ordering all from the same place. However, although they've not been terrible with me, other than repeatedly messing up larger orders of small parts, I now take the same approach that BC10 mentions - quality first.

Having said that, I do this:

I check to see if Wes at Classic Parts (this forum) has it - if so, then my search is over

For specific items:
Belt molding/sheet metal: Mar-K
Seat covers: Tim at Truckseats (this forum)
Suspension: Early Classic Enterprises

For specific oem items - I'll do a WTB on here first - you'd be surprised what's out there. I'm quite surprised just how bad some of the Made in China stuff really is for form/fit - you just can't beat original GM. But the oem/nos stuff can be pricey, so you have to balance that with the type of build you're doing and the level of quality you personally demand. Not always the best route for some builds. I mean, $250-300 for door handles. I did it, I'm glad I did, but ouch. Ha.

After that, I will go to the following in for other stuff: LMC, Classic Parts of America, Truck Shop, etc. I've used the Car Shop (sister of Truck Shop) in the past quite a bit for previous car projects and they seemed to be fine - haven't used Truck Shop much though.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote