The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Would you be interested at that price
to expensive 3 6.38%
maybe / don't have buckets 7 14.89%
yes 37 78.72%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2004, 07:42 PM   #26
Gary 70 Jimmy

My next truck will have 67-68 buckets in it and I will need the foam pads Cutting the price in 1/2 sounds like a good price.
Gary 70 Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:47 AM   #27
trucks72
trucks72

bucket seats

The foams would be a good idea. But the problem with buckets now is the metal framing in the buckets is rusting out. That is more of a problem than the form. What are you going to do about that problem?
trucks72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:18 PM   #28
junkyardjohn

Re: bucket seats

Quote:
Originally posted by trucks72
The foams would be a good idea. But the problem with buckets now is the metal framing in the buckets is rusting out. That is more of a problem than the form. What are you going to do about that problem?
TRUCKS72 ... WELL AREN'T WE SOUNDING JUST A LITTLE BIT UNGRATEFUL THIS MORNING!!! I MEAN HERES A GUY BRINGING YOU SEAT FOAM & SEAT COVERS AT A VERY VERY REASONABLE PRICE, & ALL YOU CAN SAY IS ......
But the problem with buckets now is the metal framing in the buckets is rusting out. That is more of a problem than the form. What are you going to do about that problem?
MAYBE YOU OUGHT TO THINK ABOUT MOVING OUT OF THE RUST BELT!!! (WE DON'T HAVE A FRAME RUSTING PROBLEM OUT HERE IN NEVADA)
SHAWN
MOST ALL OF US TRUCK GUYS APPRECIATE THE WORK YOU GO THRU TO BRING US SOMETIMES PREVEOSLY UNAVAILABLE OR HARD TO FIND PARTS, AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE.
THANKS SHAWN!!!!!!! JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:57 PM   #29
smokekiki
Mike

I would rather repair the frame work than recover foam that is all broken and fallen apart.As John has stated...Thanks Shawn.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:05 PM   #30
trucks72
trucks72

bucket seats

I did not mean to sound bad. But that foam has been out for a year or so now. I have alot of those seats that I have bought form all over the country and they have been rusty. We have been replacing the foam for over ten years and have not needed foam. Just the metel frame work.
trucks72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #31
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

The more work that you have to put into these things the more gratification you get out of it when you are finished, thats what I say.
Of course the more work that you put into your truck the more money you have to spend. So when somebody comes up with a deal like what Shawn is offering you have to take the plunge.

Thanks Shawn,
Larry

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:13 PM   #32
matt_field

TTT, are these foams gonna be made ???? id really like to buy a set if they were for 67-68 thanks and let us all know
1968 4wd shortbox
1971 Cheyenne swb k10 unrestored
1971 Cheyenne super 40k 402bb survivor
1967 Chevy k10 (first truck)
1968 L78 camaro survivor 18k miles
1969 z28 survivor 60k miles
1969 z28 survivor 39k miles
1969 z28 rs survivor 80k miles
matt_field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:44 PM   #33
Don Loverink
Account Suspended

seats

No use jumping on Trucks 72 Junkyard John, Hes just stating a FACT, Im in Minnesota, and we have the rust problem here too, Ive just sold 3 sets of bucket seats for these years of trucks on ebay and they all had rust on the frames, one factory drivers frame was so rusty that someone had welded a piece of iron onto it for more support, I think the foams for these would be easy to reproduce, the rotted out frames and hardware is another story, sorry we cant all live in a rust free state but that means we buy parts from the states with no rust, gotta go now, the load of rust free sheetmetal from Texas just arrived and I have to go unload it. Jerry Brown, maybe you can come up with some aftermarket seat parts down there in Crossville, PS Thanks for the parts I got from you!!
Don Loverink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 10:50 AM   #34
junkyardjohn

Re: seats

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Loverink
No use jumping on Trucks 72 Junkyard John, Hes just stating a FACT, Im in Minnesota, and we have the rust problem here too,
I WASN'T JUMPING ON TRUCKS72 FOR WHINING ABOUT HIS FINDING RUSTED OUT SEAT FRAMES. IT WAS HIS TRYING TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE IT WAS SHAWNS (AT ****************) RECPONSIBILTY TO SOLVE HIS PROBLEM OF SEAT FRAMES RUSTING AWAY, BECAUSE HE CHOOSES TO LIVE WHERE HE DOES.
(QUOTE)What are you going to do about that problem?(QUOTE)

IT SURE SOUNDS UNAPPRECIATIVE TO ME.... KINDA LIKE MY EXWIFE.
I GUESS IT JUST STRUCK A NERVE. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:10 AM   #35
Bluebelle

I would take a set. Let me know if it goes through.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:15 PM   #36
71 Cheyenne Super

Most aftermarket parts sellers can't tell you anything about their parts other than what a catalog has already told you. I have checked with several sources and even with Seat cover manufactures such as PUI, Ron FRYERS etc. and was told the following:
67-68 buckets are the same foam in both blazer and p/u but not interchangeable with anything other than 67-68 and just the cover design is different.
69-72 buckets are the same foam in both blazer and p/u but not interchangeable with anything other than 69-72 and just the cover design is different.
73-77 blazer lowback buckets are the same foam and only useable in 73-77.
The only difference other than cover design as I was told is in the seat themselves and not the floor brackets. Supposedly even if you put the correct year brackets on the wrong year buckets, this is what you get: The 67-68 were fitted for a narrower tank and will hit in a 69-72, the 73-77 lean back to far and will hit a 69-72 tank. Nobody could tell me about using them in a 67-68, but they may work with the narrower tank. Also I would have to assume that any of them would work if you had a custom truck where the tank was removed from the cab and they should all work for a blazer where there is nothing to hit if you have the correct blazer tilt forward brackets for the passenger side. This was the story I got in checking and not having all 3 model years to check for myself, it is a crapshoot to get good info. I would have to assume that the seat cover manufacturers should know their foam and covers though.
71 Cheyenne Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:01 PM   #37
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

71 CS:
If you think most aftermarket parts sellers can't tell you anything about their parts...you have been buying from the wrong companies! All of the parts sellers on this board can tell you a lot about these parts. They do extensive research, own and work on a bunch of trucks and even develop a lot of the new parts.
To clear a couple things up:
67-8 buckets didn't come in Blazers (Blazers start in 69).
69-70 bucket foam & covers are completely different from 71-2.
73+ foam & covers are completely different from both of above.
The seat frames for 69-72 are the same...not sure about 73+.