The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2005, 05:47 PM   #26
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I rolled my Blazer back and swept under it, on the way to cleaning my shelves in the garage. I thought about pulling the engine and trans out, then got over that. I am kind of at a crossroads with my truck. I am not sure to sell it or finish it. I have a ton of coin in parts, but I am getting lazy. I went out to do plugs and wires on my Lincoln and it started to rain the second I popped the hood. Not a good sign, so that had to wait too. I am stuck at work today.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:41 PM   #27
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI
For the electrically impaired.... how does one do this? There's only 1 breaker in the panel that has a 'reset' button. I tried resetting it w/o much luck.

I went through the remaining breakers, turned them all off & still no power to the bathroom plugs or outside outlets.
Scoti, go check all your GFI outlets. You know the ones with the little red buttons in the middle of them. Even if they look alright click the button off and on anyway. In my old house I had one that was "kicked" and my spare bathroom. We never used the bathroom, and it looked just fine so I never suspected it as being a problem. I had outlets scattered all over the house that would not work because that one GFI breaker was kicked out, but didn't appear to be.

After a few months of thinking I was going to have to call in an electrician I reset it and suddenly all the outlets worked....
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:53 PM   #28
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

I got in the garage saturday morning and made some progress on the PROJECT92. Ended up spending most of the day and night there. I got the rest of the frame primed and painted. End up putting the upper and lower a arms back on as well as the djm spinldes, belltech coils and doestech shocks.
Attached Images

92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448

Last edited by phantom dually; 05-30-2005 at 10:54 PM.
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:03 PM   #29
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbcut
man N2TRUX you complain about not having a lot of energy, you got about 3 weeks worth of work done, in one weekend (for me anyways)...pc
PC I was on a mission. It seems I never get anything done any more because I am on call, or have something going on. I was determined to get a lot of things done that had been neglected for a while.

I even worked half a day in my office this morning till I had to start setting up tables and chairs. My wife invited her family over today, so we had a yard full of people again....

BTW- Phantom that frame is looking good

Last edited by N2TRUX; 05-30-2005 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:24 PM   #30
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
PC I was on a mission. It seems I never get anything done any more because I am on call, or have something going on. I was determined to get a lot of things done that had been neglected for a while.

I even worked half a day in my office this morning till I had to start setting up tables and chairs. My wife invited her family over today, so we had a yard full of people again....

BTW- Phantom that frame is looking good
Thanks for the compliment. I am trying to keep it simple but already one thing leads to another. I have a few progress pics in the 88-98 message board under NEW PROJECT TRUCK if anyone is interested.
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448

Last edited by phantom dually; 05-30-2005 at 11:25 PM.
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:37 PM   #31
bigblock73
yeller

Got married last week in the Bahamas...returned Friday @ midnight. Woke up Saturday to to see my lawn taller than I have ever seen it before (it rained all week while I was gone). SO, Saturday I mowed the lawn (6 bags of grass clippings), cleaned the gutters (2 grocery bags of helicopter pedals), and weeded under the row of Buckthorns in preperation for the multch I ended up laying down on Sunday (2 yards). Today I cleaned and put the first coat of the POR-15 engine paint on my 454. Tomorrow after work I plan on putting on the final coat of enamel. Hope to have the engine and trans back in the frame by next weekend.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #32
SCOTI

Quote:
Scoti, go check all your GFI outlets. You know the ones with the little red buttons in the middle of them. Even if they look alright click the button off and on anyway.
The house doesn't have any of these.... just the one in the master fuse panel in the garage. I've tried resetting it but can't tell whether it resets or not.

I had to replace a 30amp breaker before @ the old house because it wouldn't reset. I'm thinking it might be the same deal here. I just know it bites not having any power in the garage not to mention I have to listen to the gripes from the women about not being able to dry their hair in the fashion they're accustomed. I suggested following my strict hair maintenance routine , but they're very adamant about brushing & blow drying.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 05-30-2005 at 11:41 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:43 PM   #33
Justins76
OutOfMyMind & I'llNeverKnowWhy

I put in Bilstein front shocks, fixed the mangled RH tail pipe and put on a chromie tip
1992 Pontiac Firebird T-Top 5.0L TBI 700R4
My cardomain page

I don't like to save, it's more fun to spend!!
Justins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:21 AM   #34
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
The house doesn't have any of these.... just the one in the master fuse panel in the garage. I've tried resetting it but can't tell whether it resets or not.....
Check your exterior plugs too. You may have an outlet by the front porch, or back door that has a GFI. I was amazed at how random the circuit was laid out once I found the problem.

You may be right, it may be a breaker that's bad. Now is a good time to flip them one at a time and mark the circuits for future reference....
Old 05-31-2005, 03:29 PM   #35
SCOTI

Quote:
Check your exterior plugs too. You may have an outlet by the front porch, or back door that has a GFI. I was amazed at how random the circuit was laid out once I found the problem.

You may be right, it may be a breaker that's bad. Now is a good time to flip them one at a time and mark the circuits for future reference....
Hhmmm.... I checked the outlet on the back porch, but didn't look @ the front one so I'll see what type it is. The only GFI's I've found were the ones all along the kitchen back-drop & all 3 still have verified power.

That's our plan. One breaker @ a time, documenting what's what & seeing if one doesn't reset anything.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 05-31-2005, 03:55 PM   #36
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
.... The only GFI's I've found were the ones all along the kitchen back-drop & all 3 still have verified power.....
Now that I think about it, there was another thing that threw me off. The GFI that was kicked still worked. It was wired incorrectly so it was still hot, but everything else on the circuit was dead.

I may be wrong here, but it sounds very familiar to me.....

Last edited by N2TRUX; 05-31-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:01 PM   #37
SCOTI

Quote:
Now that I think about it, there was another thing that threw me off. The GFI that was kicked still worked. It was wired incorrectly so it was still hot, but everything else on the circuit was dead.
So just resetting the 'incorrectly wired' GFI circuit restored power to your other outlets?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-31-2005, 11:32 PM   #38
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Yep, that did it. Once I reset the GFI everything else started working....
Old 05-31-2005, 11:49 PM   #39
82c10
needin' money

it wasn't last weekend, but last week i put in my new engine
82c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:59 PM   #40
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82c10
it wasn't last weekend, but last week i put in my new engine
That counts too. Post some details and pics if you have them...