The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #26
speedracer
Blank

mothertruckers used to sell them ready to go i believe just bolt in the hardware they where around $400-$500 a piece shipped
the new place I found who carries the doors come as one piece and you have to cut the window holes out and drill all the holes for the hardware but they go for around $350 a piece. I cant find a body man in the area willing to do the work though. This company also sells a complete 8ft fleetside bed in fiberglass which I had my eye on. they claim it can hold 80% of the factory weight which I would hope considering it cost over $3000
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:25 AM   #27
68LSS1

SCOTI, I ended up having to work my days off and didn't get a chance to finish the floor pan and rocker (actually I tried to rush it after work and screwed up and had to order another). I can hang and take a picture of the pass side without the rocker being on if you want and some of the drivers side (I think the rocker may need to come out on that one). Sorry for the delay, let me know.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:52 PM   #28
jay-dawg
chevelito

I bought my repro doors from Wes. If I remember, it's either a tri-plus or goodmark, I know I have one of each (driver & passenger). The fit is ok. I have gap issues towards the gas filler. Hopefully it will fit better when I rebuild the hinges. Here's a pic with my old camera. I'll try to get better pics with my new camera.

Jay
Attached Images

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
jay-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:49 PM   #29
SCOTI

Thanks jay-dawg. That seems like a decent fit. I PM'd Ed @ MOTHERTRUCKERS but haven't heard back from him all week. I wonder what's up w/that?

Oh well, I'm getting ready to leave for vacation so I'll be out of pocket for a week. It will just have to wait for now.

Thanks for all the input . . .... this board is a great resource!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:08 AM   #30
jay-dawg
chevelito

More pics that I promised. As you can tell, the door edge by the gas filler has more gap than the one towards the front windshield. It's the best I could do. Like I said, I need to rebuild the hinges so that might help some. If you look towards the bottom of the doors, it doesn't line up with the rocker. The wiper cowl is not bolted down so it may look higher when compared to the door. Otherwise, it works for me.

Have fun on your vacation.

Jay
Attached Images

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
Old 06-13-2005, 04:12 AM   #31
jay-dawg
chevelito

oh...I forgot that the lower bodyline is not quite matching up, but you can tell from the first pic that the upper bodyline is not matching up as well. Looks to be the same offset though, but you can't tell in the pics.. We'll see how everything fits when I get the hinges rebuilt and the front fender back on.

jay

Aloha from Honolulu, HI