The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2005, 08:01 PM   #26
69TowRig

That's a beautiful truck, can I even trade you my beat-up '69 Blazer? I'm in town and can drive to you! Seriously now, I'd hold the line on the price. I bought mine for $1300 down in Corpus but it's a wreck. I saw a red blazer/black top ('71-'72) that was in rougher shape than mine sell for a tad under $4K a couple months ago in Baytown.

Don't get in a big hurry to sell it, that truck has a deserving buyer looking for it.
69TowRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:14 AM   #27
Huck

When you think the market is slow--rethink your marketing strategy. Excellent point about the picture---I wouldn't buy it from the picture so practice you picture taking to get just the right shots featuring the best angles etc. You probably have much more invested in material and time so why not go for a better buyer.
DOUBLE YOUR PRICE and advertise it where it will get visibility from those with the big bucks--Dallas, Houston, Austin--ROUND ROCK-hill country! Make sure your add includes your e-mail ID so you can send some pictures or invite the buyers to see it via a web site. It looks very "off road" which would appeal to the hunters and those who do off road stuff like in the rockies. Put an add into Colorado K5. There are plenty of people with lots of money but you have to focus on where they are and what they read and how to get their attention. THAT market is where you want to go and it will sell. The lower the price, the more those with the $$$ think it needs lots of work which they don't want to bother with. Advertise it as a Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy then focus on it's strengths---GMC's were viewed as an upscale Chevy---not that they really were but most buyers wouldn't know that. Overall it looks great but don't undersell it just to get some quick bucks back. Go for the gold ring!! Huckmeister (:>)
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:21 AM   #28
shelby987

Found a 1972 in CA that went for less than yours. It was decked out with the same gear; winch, stick shift, but it had 1 ton running gear, very nice, not sure how the market is in TX, but I wouldn't recommend doubling your price in hopes of people with $$$ to come knocking down your door, maybe include that you would be interested in a partial trade for something, or offer a payment period....i know if i could own that truck in 3 months...rather than having to pay it all of in a day it would be much more appealing (just make sure you hold on to the truck for the three months)
shelby987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:52 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

That Jimmy iswell worth your price.The changes you made are what is currently the popular way to go with 4wds,classic or not.All you need is a younin with rich parents and it`s gone.The Jimmy thing,too me,is the same as a 442/GTO/GS vs a SS396.There`s always those who will want something a little different without comprimising the non-disputable fact that GM has produced the most and best classic vehicles in the world,with Chevys being most known and available.I`d love to own it.I`m thinking of changing my line of work just so I can expand my hobby,I`m sick and don`t want help!!Hit some shows,advertise it nationally,e-bay sucks.People backEast would be all over that thing.It`s "turn-key".Good luck,it`ll sell.Won`t it hurt?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:46 AM   #30
mastercraftkpk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftkpk
Where are you in Houston?

I want to look at your truck.

Still want to look at your truck. Maybe send me a PM.

They are not "insurgents"...they're vermin, cowards, and terrorists.

Egon..." I think that they are more interested in my epipedimus."
mastercraftkpk is offline   Reply With Quote