The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #26
70c10swb
no brain no headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebfabman
Hey grendel, sorry I don't have any filler patches on hand right now. The ones I make are the correct gauge and have the proper contour. They also have locating tabs that make positioning and welding them in place a lot easier. I also send them cleaned up and ready to be just wiped down and welded in. The down side to this is it takes about 30 or so minutes each to make one. I charge $20 each for them which I know sounds a little steep. I can post a pic if the ones I make if you like. If this sounds like something you may be interested in, let me know and I will cut one out for you. If not, no problem.
ebfabman,

are you still giving them away with the video? i plan on buying a video when i get to that point and i was just courious.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:14 PM   #27
ebfabman

grendel, a postal MO is probably best if its convenient for you. Otherwise certified funds ($20) along with your mailing info to

ebfabman
PO Box 5454
Concord, NC

70c10swb, sorry that was a three only promo a while back (they were taken fast) to raise donation funds for this message board. However if you purchase a Cab Repair DVD set, I will include a filler patch at half price ($10) if this would help.

Thanks......eb
ebfabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 04:36 PM   #28
Dano69c10

I like matthufhan's, all you need is a piece of sheet metal bigger than "that there hole", and a rivet gun. No template and no need to "massage" that piece of metal.

It ain't yours, if you didn't build it!
Dano69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:00 PM   #29
FormerMember
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebfabman
grendel, a postal MO is probably best if its convenient for you. Otherwise certified funds ($20) along with your mailing info to

ebfabman
PO Box 5454
Concord, NC

70c10swb, sorry that was a three only promo a while back (they were taken fast) to raise donation funds for this message board. However if you purchase a Cab Repair DVD set, I will include a filler patch at half price ($10) if this would help.

Thanks......eb
Ok, so how much for the filler and DVD? I am curious now.
FormerMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:14 PM   #30
72mdgmc

fill gas filler hole

You can fill the filler hole by taking a short piece of 2 in exhaust pipe 5in long & slicing it off at an angle- same angle as back of hole, cap the other end with a piece of flat plate, butt it up to the back of the hole and weld it in.
Then drill a1/2 hole in the bottomcenter, drill another hole in the bottom1/4 in size to the side so water can drain out, then install a electric antenna in the tube, wire it up under the carpet to the radio and you have filled the hole with something you needed anyway. 72mdgmc
72mdgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #31
FormerMember
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mdgmc
You can fill the filler hole by taking a short piece of 2 in exhaust pipe 5in long & slicing it off at an angle- same angle as back of hole, cap the other end with a piece of flat plate, butt it up to the back of the hole and weld it in.
Then drill a1/2 hole in the bottomcenter, drill another hole in the bottom1/4 in size to the side so water can drain out, then install a electric antenna in the tube, wire it up under the carpet to the radio and you have filled the hole with something you needed anyway. 72mdgmc
Thanks for the information, but I want to fill the hole so it looks like it was never there.

I am not installing an AM/FM radio, as I posted earlier. Just an XM radio tuner and MP3 Player.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #32
FormerMember
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano69c10
I like matthufhan's, all you need is a piece of sheet metal bigger than "that there hole", and a rivet gun. No template and no need to "massage" that piece of metal.
What's the rivet gun for?

I have and can use pretty well a few types of welders.