The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2005, 11:02 PM   #26
82c10
needin' money

Re: My inspiration!

if i can get pics within the next week i will put my inspiration on here, but it is totally different, i got two of them, a beat up old 80 shortbed, and a nice, over $25,000 invested alcohol burning 85 shortbed chevy, with a newly rebuilt motor (3rd in three years) rebuilt 1st rearend once, took the new motor out for a spin, blew it up, now i believe it has a built ford 9" under it, hopin for at least 11's in a truck, it is street driven part of the time, yes on alcohol, i haven't seen it with it's newest motor but weather permitting tomorrow night i'll see it when he blew the rearend, the put a trans-brake in the tranny, he said he likes launching it, it gets both front wheels off the ground, all in a town with around 15,000 people in it

Last edited by 82c10; 12-09-2005 at 11:05 PM.
82c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:09 AM   #27
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captkaos
Hmmm, musta been too easy! YEP! I noticed that he is listed on Boyds American Hot Rod staff now, guess he's gone public with that.
Ahh, I just got lucky...

If I remember correctly, 'Classic Trucks' mentioned that he worked for Boyd when they featured his truck. I didn't realize he's on the 'American Hot Rod' show. I haven't seen him on the show, but I wonder if his illustrations were used for some of the show's projects.? There's an interesting write-up on Todd on the Discovery Channel web site.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:14 AM   #28
boxrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ChevyStep
I have seen this truck up close and it is a Beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Infact one of the guys, who worked with Travis at Hills has relocated back in our town and opened After Flash Custom Trucks, he (Ron Knowles) is working with me on my 62...
Yeah, I agree. From the pictures that I've seen the creaftmanship is very refined.
Do you have any progress (inspiration) pics of your 62?

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
Old 12-10-2005, 01:59 AM   #29
62ChevyStep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz
Yeah, I agree. From the pictures that I've seen the creaftmanship is very refined.
Do you have any progress (inspiration) pics of your 62?
Here is a current pic as it sits at Rons Shop (Afterflash Custom Trucks) we have yet to swap in the 700R4 and a 12 bolt with 3.73 Posi, also looking to put oversized wilwood disks all around. currently running PS, PB, 350/TH350. Zumo did a possible paint scheme for me (attached) right now we are just mocking up the suspension etc.
Attached Images

05'Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

Last edited by 62ChevyStep; 12-10-2005 at 02:00 AM.
62ChevyStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #30
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.monroe
Captcaos , are you telling me that the orange/white truck is the before of the Red truck ? Say it aint so . Frank
Yep, same truck.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:49 PM   #31
f.monroe

I like both trucks . I like the looks of the factory trim . I wish he would have sold the orange/white truck and built another one into the red truck . Or just keep both . Its his truck to do with it what he wants , but I am not a fan of taking such a nice truck and building a more modern truck . Dont get me wrong , I would love to have either of them the way they sit , I just wish two two classics would have been saved there . I remember seeing the Red one in a magazine and wondering what it looked like before he started on it . Looking at it another way , he built a nice truck , both times . Frank
Old 12-11-2005, 12:48 PM   #32
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.monroe
I like both trucks . I like the looks of the factory trim . I wish he would have sold the orange/white truck and built another one into the red truck . Or just keep both . Its his truck to do with it what he wants , but I am not a fan of taking such a nice truck and building a more modern truck . Dont get me wrong , I would love to have either of them the way they sit , I just wish two two classics would have been saved there . I remember seeing the Red one in a magazine and wondering what it looked like before he started on it . Looking at it another way , he built a nice truck , both times . Frank
Couldn't have said it better myself.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #33
TEAM THC
CUSTOM CHEVY FIEND

Yeah. The Red Rocker Project Got Me Fired Up Too. Just After I Bought My '82, Truck'n Ran That Article. It Gave Me So Much Info And Ideas. I Saved Those Issues For When I Do My Suspension.
TEAM THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:33 AM   #34
boxrodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ChevyStep
Here is a current pic as it sits at Rons Shop (Afterflash Custom Trucks) we have yet to swap in the 700R4 and a 12 bolt with 3.73 Posi, also looking to put oversized wilwood disks all around. currently running PS, PB, 350/TH350. Zumo did a possible paint scheme for me (attached) right now we are just mocking up the suspension etc.
Thanks for posting a pic. It looks really SHARP...

I think I've seen Zumo's rendition. Either way it looks cool. I'll have to keep my eye for future pics.