The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2007, 01:43 AM   #26
blaserman

Re: City threats to tow away my truck

In Maryland if it is in your yard and the gate has a lock on it they can not come in and get it. If it is in the driveway you must have tags on it or a good cover over it. But if it is on the street it is gone if someone calls about it. I think you did the best thing and had it removed. I would get a old car or truck and open the headers and drive by there place at almost midnight and stomp it. Most states had a lat about loud vehicles after midnight.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #27
SmokeShow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_71 View Post
i dont know about tx, but in KY if it cant be reached from the street or your driveway, its not touchable, even to a repo man
Interesting. I lived in Bowling Green and worked for Warren County and one of the offices within ours was the Division of Environmental Protection and Solid Waste. I know for a fact that more than one "junk" vehicle was mandated to be removed subject to fines if it wasn't. This was for vehicles on streets, in driveways, in yards, etc. If the vehicles were broke down for X amount of time or deemed as "junk" by definitions within the County regs., they were subject to violation, fines and mandatory removal and it was inforced. I can't remember the exact time frame laid out in the regs. but it was very clear and utilized if complaints were made. Your remarks could still be valid though, as I don't recall anyone removing the vehicles from yards, etc. Just issued citations and court orders if they weren't. Have me wondering now if its a county-by-county jurisdictional authority or state wide or what?

I have also helped in repossession of vehicles for a recover company in BG. We never had an instance where we couldn't reach the vehicle from the road or driveway. There are steep guidelines to follow when working in that line. Typically though, it was get the vehicle first, then ask questions. If there was a problem, the recovery company, lean holder (typically a bank) and the "owner" of the vehicle handled all that.

About this particular event. I'm glad to hear you were able to alleviate the situation with minimal fuss.

C-ya
SmokeShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #28
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

IN my state for the junk rule (this was important to me cause have a least 7 cars just sitting in my backyard) as long as we have a county sticker on them/have one they cant say anything cause were paying taxes on them.

Its a good rule i get to keep my cars and the county get to line their pockets.

* 1970 chevelle 2dr sedan Latest update June 24 2007.

*1957 4 door stationwagon - pink all original needing a good restore (body great, floors bad)

newest additions
1965 shortbed fleet great granddads. Been told im nuts to bring it back from the dead (still going to happen) plans-all stock with a turbo 292 inline 3 speed column shift. and thats it

big block 427 and 5 speed trans and ford 9 inch theyhave no home yet thinking what to put them in

and a 79 c60 trash truck um no idea i have one
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #29
jpoutlaw

I know a group that would bring their VWs w/ stinger exhausts down there and make the neighbors happy.

1977 GMC Sierra Grande (350)
2004 Jeep Wrangler (4.0)
jpoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #30
67Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotechnic View Post

...And to the lady down the street....$#@% YOU!!!!

I'd like to get some cheap ass car, but that will run and drive and will pass inspection. I'd paint it super hot pink and poop brown, maybe with yellow polka dots on it. Maybe a really high daytona/superbird wannabe wing riveted to the trunk too. I'd paint the wheels black and yellow checkered like the crash test cars. Whats awesome about this combo is that it's MUCH worse than an old wrecked chevy truck and they CANT DO ANYTHING about it. Too bad I dont have that much time on my hands and money to waste.
Glad to hear you beat them before they got it. I live in Round Rock and Just got a formal complaint about working on my 84 Mustang in front of my house. Talk about PI$$ing me off.

Cant wait for them to complain about my 70 GMC Suburban parked in the driveway, that has not moved in three months. But all is current on it so they dont have a leg to stand on. Except perhaps if they get me on the Unsightly articles provision in our HOA.

Unsightly will be determined by teh board. This seems to mean that anything can be deemed unsightly. A bad paint Job, a dent in a movable vehicle or perhaps, the yard art I was planing on placing in the flowerbed. How about a nice fender or perhaps toilet bowl planter...

67 GMC Shortbed 454 Project
more junk and most of it
is for sale
67Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #31
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

I hate HOAs ran by people that have to have things there way and have nothing better to do. Id go nuts if i live in one, un ruley mayham here i come.

*1957 4 door stationwagon - pink all original needing a good restore (body great, floors bad)

newest additions
1965 shortbed fleet great granddads. Been told im nuts to bring it back from the dead (still going to happen) plans-all stock with a turbo 292 inline 3 speed column shift. and thats it

big block 427 and 5 speed trans and ford 9 inch theyhave no home yet thinking what to put them in

Old 03-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #32
Pyrotechnic

Luckily there is no neighborhood association here. Lots of people work on their cars around here. The police does have a specific number to report "abandoned" vehicles though. All is it takes is one person and you are screwed. As long as the vehicle is registered, inspected, and driveable you are safe. If they didn't like the way the car looked they couldn't say anything.

It's just stupid though that a neighborhood association could say "I don't like the custom paint job on that car/truck that I could never think up or afford and he's obviously getting more popularity points than I am so we should force him to keep it inside."

I understand these associations exist for simple things like keeping odd colored houses from popping up or a gypsy camp in someones front yard, but some of the stuff they trying to micromanage people for is just stupid. They are probably just mad that they can't change their own oil and that the sight of an engine compartment is just too much for their small minds to comprehend. A car up on a jack...change a tire....OH NO!!! Only AAA should be allowed to do that. No way the average person should even be able to tackle that task.

Last edited by Pyrotechnic; 03-17-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #33
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotechnic View Post
I understand these associations exist for simple things like keeping odd colored houses from popping up or a gypsy camp in someones front yard, but some of the stuff they trying to micromanage people for is just stupid. They are probably just mad that they can't change their own oil and that the sight of an engine compartment is just too much for their small minds to comprehend. A car up on a jack...change a tire....OH NO!!! Only AAA should be allowed to do that. No way the average person should even be able to tackle that task.
well the thing is if you have certain hobbies i guess the idea is to just not buy in such areas... problem is when the HOS is the government and they think the subdivision is the whole da*n state!!!! if its not a gated community people should be allowed to do what they please ( within normal laws..)
now , Pyrotechnic, how about some pics of your truck since the accident ???

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #34
74 shortbed 406

I love living where I live. I also live in Bowling Green. Only bg Missouri. My neighbors also build chevys so they don't care what is in the yard short of ford.
74 shortbed 406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #35
Blue_71
Bloo

smokeshow-- it may be a county by county thing, it could also be a city/county thing... i live in the county back a little backroad, so that may make a difference.
Blue_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #36
marvxyz1

You'll like Pennsylvania, a friend of mie had a couple of really old cars in his barn and the township told him he had to remove them. I'd be willing to bet that the person responsible for this predicament, ended up owning one or both of these old cars.
marvxyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #37
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvxyz1 View Post
You'll like Pennsylvania, a friend of mie had a couple of really old cars in his barn and the township told him he had to remove them. I'd be willing to bet that the person responsible for this predicament, ended up owning one or both of these old cars.
What if its in a barn ehy chould it matter cause you cant see them there in a building. O man if that were me i would have told the to kiss my A%$. And then dared them to take them.

(Iv told people Id burn my cars to the grond before im forced to give them away.)

newest additions