The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #26
SKarpenz

Re: another "donk" -ster

I see those damn things all the time where I live (South Georgia). I throw up in my mouth everytime I see one. A 1980 Caprice on 28" wheels. Thats so retarded. I saw one with acrylic wheels (28" clear, see-through) and it still had stock brakes on it. I'll bet it was fun trying to stop that land-yacht from a 60 mph roll. Those ghetto fabulous junkers are as bad as the Fast and the Furious kids and their Integras with big wings who think they own the streets. All that **** is an eyesore and usually where there are lifted caprices and rice boys, there is excess noise as well.

If you think its ugly, you should see how they actually raise those monstrosities. Its horrendous to look under those cars at the "custom" mods.

Last edited by SKarpenz; 07-13-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #27
thump16

I live in valdosta and my friends own big cars with rims as well as the trucks. None of these people asked for your permission to modify their vehicles or asked you for money to do so. Did you ever stop and ask them about their cars or why they chose to lift them. lifted cars and trucks is a hobby to some and a style to others.
The big picture is that we all love automobiles and we take pride in what we drive. Some of you guys have alot of nerve coming on this forum and bashing peoples pride and joy when you should just accept the fact that no one has the same tastes. Some might consider our love of old trucks a waste of time when we could be driving some fuel injected, zero to 60, air conditioned, 40,000 truck.
let's keep this forum on course and stop all the hating.

Currently serving in Iraq
Old 07-13-2007, 09:20 PM   #28
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

^^^^^^^^^^Damn, You have to lower that one to reach anything underneath to work on.
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #29
BJA69C10

you know, to each his own. I can appreciate that these people are doing what they want....I mean hell, some people hate the bed on my truck. Get over it, my name's on the title.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #30
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump16 View Post
......The big picture is that we all love automobiles and we take pride in what we drive. ......
Currently serving in Iraq
thump16 hit the nail on the head. Looking at styles like this and shaking your head in wonderment is fine. All out bashing is not. I will let this thread stay open i we "discuss" the style. If the bashing continues, the lock is on.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 07-13-2007, 09:36 PM   #31
SKarpenz

Opinions are like assholes...Don't take it to heart man, I can post my thoughts on it if I want. Sorry if I was "hating" on other people's ****. They make those things into spectacles and I'm sure they know that not everyone is gonna like it.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:33 PM   #32
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKarpenz View Post
Opinions are like a...Don't take it to heart man, I can post my thoughts on it if I want. Sorry if I was "hating" on other people's ****. They make those things into spectacles and I'm sure they know that not everyone is gonna like it.
I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinions, and my comments were not pointed directly at you, but rather everyone here. This forum is known to be family friendly, and the staff fully intends to keep it that way.

Thanks for you input, now we will lock this down.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Closed Thread