The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
LaraWilde

Australian Chev fan

G'day,

Glad I found this site.

I am restoring and loving my Chev (definition of loving: sleeping in it and kissing it good night every chance I can, never letting it out of my sight, carrying a photo in my wallet and obsessing about her to the point that my girl friends think I am mad and men refuse to date me because they are sick of running second place to my chev).

She is a 1972 K20 Cheyenne. I have put in a '99 6.5L turbot diesel. Apparently there are only 6 in Australia so it isn't so easy to find anyone to compare notes with... lucky I found you kids.

This is an addiction which is contagious - my baby bro has just caught it with his first Chev - a 1993 Sierra LWB.

I love the fact that it goes anywhere, does everything except U turns and stop in a hurry, it feels like a big comfy car to drive but has the versatility and usefulness of a truck, I can drive by touch and she is indestructible on the road.

Anywhos... I am restoring her slowly and I am always after tips and advice. The biggest thing is; I am a visual person and so often I read the description of the part and without seeing it I am not sure if I am buying the right bit. I then fork over cash and sit back for up to 3 months hoping that the U S of A will send me the right bit.

I look forward to getting to know you all...
Thanx,

Lara
LaraWilde is offline   Reply With Quote