The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #26
sflanagan

Re: ever notice...

Seems like every time I drive my truck I see this same chop top 69, with and old timer driving it. We always wave at eachother and give a respectful nod....we all respect how much time and work actually go into these beasts...

68 Chevy fleetside/shortbed, 350 eng., alum. heads, 10 to 1, 430 hp.
sflanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #27
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

I've started getting a lot of "Dude I've seen your truck" at school now, which is funny because I get there right before class, and hual ass out ASAP.

N2Trux has seen me. I get some cool looks in parking lots and in traffic.

But now I feel funny when stopped next to Priuses..
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #28
kcjones
I wish I was a cowboy

Live it up, guys, there's like 200 million other drivers on American roads that have no kinship. Every time I see another 67-72, or a muscle car, I must look like a drunken idiot - waving, hollering, etc... but I count my blessings and hope the poor s.o.b whose trying to figure me out eventually says to himself "oh yeah, he was driving an old pickup, too, maybe he was just waving"..but, maybe not.

Met list: Cyclone,Wilson,TranzAm,extd56,hotrodhomi,mnky30,Rokcrln,Brad,JerryJones(well, his truck anyway).

Last edited by kcjones; 02-19-2009 at 07:09 PM.
kcjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #29
metalman1968

That never happens when driving my wifes car??????
metalman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #30
clay68c10

The 60-66 guys are wavers also. I've gotten the blank stare from about 75% of square body trucks.
05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 3” lift & 6-speed
02 E320 the insurance total “free car”
13 Tahoe LTZ
clay68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #31
joemacho

well i know on a couple occasions that happened when i got my jimmy 72 for the first time i was comming home and this guy in his k5 72 caught up to me just to say nice ride and so i aknowledge the same to him. Plus two weeks ago i finnaly brought my jimmy home from my parents were it sat i was putting it on a trailer that my buddy let me borrow and sure enough this guy in a k10 long bed gave me a jester of nice ride or wazz uppp but all in all it feels good to know what you got.

one more to add it feels better when the females want a ride in it
joemacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #32
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjones View Post
Live it up, guys, there's like 200 million other drivers on American roads that have no kinship. Every time I see another 67-72, or a muscle car, I must look like a drunken idiot - waving, hollering, etc... but I count my blessings and hope the poor s.o.b whose trying to figure me out eventually says to himself "oh yeah, he was driving an old pickup, too, maybe he was just waving"..but, maybe not.

Good feedback guys.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #33
bigsnookmaster

I'm with you guys all the way. It is cool to see people that are on the same "page" with us. I'm 45 and I've had these trucks for 30 years. that's all I drove for my first 25 years. I also have three of my best friends that I have met by walking up to them and talking trucks. I truly believe these are the best trucks that Chevy ever made! Oh, my girlfriend has a Jeep and you do the wave thing all the time also. Have you ever waved when you're driving something different? Then they look at you like you're an idiot!
bigsnookmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #34
SOUTHERN917
Wrench Wench

My son was at a party in a near by town, and the topic of "old trucks" came up, and before he had a chance to talk about mine, one of the kids piped up and said " Man, I saw this cool old Green/white Chevy in town the other day with some old lady driving!! What a waste!!" My son replied " That was my mom, and she rebuilt most of that truck herself, it would be wasted on someone like you!" LOL I have been followed into parking lots several times, and when they see a woman get out they(men) hesitate, but I just smile and they can't resist coming over and looking my truck over. They are really surprised when I am able to answer their gearhead questions!!!

Women join us!! BUSTED KNUCKLE BABES

"Face it girls, I'm older and have better insurance" -Fried green tomatoes
SOUTHERN917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #35
truknut

I do the same thing here too. I like the feeling when you drive these trucks, the attention you receive. No matter what they look like. I know right now mine ain't much to look at, but I enjoy it. Can't wait till I get to drive the '68.
truknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:11 AM   #36
67CHIP72
STOLEN

I have recieved and given the knowing wave many times. There is a guy in my neck of the woods with a restored dodge that likes to through it out too. I always give it back as it's a sign of respect.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #37
ashx2

I pass an old blue '68 or '69 on the Loving hwy going into Graham every now/then and we both give the customary wave when we pass.

Greg
ashx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:40 AM   #38
spinning wheels

I have never gotten a wave, or anything while driving my '72 truck. Then again, they may have thought sasquash was behind the wheel.

I know most people turn and look at the yellow heep coming down the road, but that might have something to do with with the 40 series flowmasters making a lot of noise

As for waves while riding my Harley.... yeah, but usually only from Harley riders. I once waved at a Harley rider while on my Yamaha XT.
The duche bag on the Harley looked at me, as if I was a tard waving at him. Screw em, bikers should always wave at bikers regardless of what they are riding. Just don't wave a scooter riders.... those duche bags

I did get a thumbs up from a vette driver, but I was driving my Z28 with open headers in the rain and trying really hard not to spin the rear tires. I think he got a kick out of seeing a goofball driving around with open headers in the rain. I was on my way to a muffler shop
Old 02-21-2009, 03:48 AM   #39
enaberif

My truck isn't as old as a lot of yours but here is my perception.

My truck is a 1980 pickup.. but one thing I have noticed is that a lot of the older guys who owned these trucks when they were knew will stop and talk to you.

Just something about an old truck on the road that makes people wanna stop and talk.

I've had 4 people on different occasions approach me and talk about my truck or the one they had when they were "younger"

Its a great feeling.

Last edited by enaberif; 02-21-2009 at 03:48 AM.
enaberif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #40
tphsmith
still buypickupparts

when first dating my now wife, we would go driving around the City, (omaha) with her girls (teens) and at stop lights people would pull up next to the truck and and be waving, well the girls always said" look everyone waves to us, meaning the girls, they thought they were hot little chickies, well was not the case, unless you were into ROOTBEER BARRELed shaped chickies, so to end this real quick, the girls always thought I was making it up that the people realy were not waving at them, it was the truck getting the wave

72 SWB Fleetside freshly painted. putting a 94 LT1 with
700R4 tranny lowered 4 in the front 6 in the back

81 chevy half ton 350

89 Silverado 4x4 going ta church truck
tphsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #41
tphsmith
still buypickupparts

HOLD UP THERE, I was not offending anyone, I meant NOT to offend anyone, today my wife is a match to the girls
So guess that makes me one who likes that
nuff said, she may read this

72 SWB Fleetside freshly painted. putting a 94 LT1 with
700R4 tranny lowered 4 in the front 6 in the back

81 chevy half ton 350

89 Silverado 4x4 going ta church truck
tphsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #42
clay68c10

Ha! Now that's funny...
05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. 3” lift & 6-speed
02 E320 the insurance total “free car”
13 Tahoe LTZ
clay68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #43
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinning wheels View Post
As for waves while riding my Harley.... yeah, but usually only from Harley riders. I once waved at a Harley rider while on my Yamaha XT.
The duche bag on the Harley looked at me, as if I was a tard waving at him. Screw em, bikers should always wave at bikers regardless of what they are riding. Just don't wave a scooter riders.... those duche bags
I have ridden sport and sport touring bikes for several years, currently on a CBR1100XX. When I first started road riding 15 years ago, Harley guys only waved at Harley guys and sport bikes guys only waved at sport bike guys, but I think that has changed. I would say when I am touring now that 90% of all bikers wave to each other independent of the bike brand. Course if I come across what looks like a real motley crowd of harley guys [not RUBS] I hold back the wave because they still think its us against them, lol.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #44
bigguy69
dazed and confused

i have people wave and ask me what my plans are. made alot of friends talking old trucks and cars.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #45
Wreckless_71

I always wave and it really ticks me off when people don't wave back! It's funny though cuz I'll take my moms Suburban (the Tank) and do all the maintenance (oil, tires, etc.) so she drives my truck to work, and she always comments on all the people waving in the older cars and trucks. She likes to cruise, I think people double take though because I usually get calls and texts from my buddies saying my mom is hot rodding up and down 15th
Old 02-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #46
spinning wheels

Usually people with the same type of vehicles will wave at each other.
But this all started way back in the olden days. Most motor vehicle people, were seen as odd balls, imagine taking a smoking, noisy, unreliable thing like a car or motorcycle, over a loyal horse or mule.
So back in those day, most motorist would simply wave at each other, as the drove by. Once cars and trucks became the norm. That all changes, except for the odd ball nut that still enjoys his car, truck or motorcycle. Motorhome people..... well, they are just ODD
Old 02-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #47
jott_06
Camaro Club

about a week ago i was at my local dollar store and as i walked in a guy in a van kept looking at my truck. When i came out of the store him and his van were gone then as i walked up to get in my truck he pulled up beside me and asked if he could look at it. I said sure and popped the hood.
jott_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #48
texanidiot25
Eat My Rust

Been out on the town this weekend, more or less.

-One guy asked me what year it was while on the freeway, screaming out the window lol
-Many looks and smiles pullin up to places
-Friends dig it
-PPL tend to look at me a bit funny (being young).. Maybe it also has to do with pulling certain parts off the truck so it can't start (theft proofing a lil)
-gas mileage with 4.10 gears is non existant
-Harly bikers dig it
texanidiot25 is offline   Reply With Quote