The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #26
Longhorn321
Size Matters

Re: Chuck having issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckthetruck View Post
...sounded like the battery was dying. (slow turn over) After dinner...it started right up...put gas in it...tried to start it...same thing as before..went in spent 5 minutes in gas station and came out got in started right up..no problems again. ... put new battery in and when i turn the key it clicks very rapidly (like it sounds when the battery is low enough to not turn over engine) Since that point I tried it today and jumped it..started right up with a jump like nothing was wrong...
Hope I'm not raining on your parade. I have a bad feeling you may have the problem again after replacing the battery (last post). If I read correctly, you had the problem, replaced the battery and still had the problem. The fact that you have replaced the battery again and the problem appears be fixed leads me to believe that you accidentally (and temporarily) fixed the problem by moveing the battery cables around. If you do have the problem again, put the positive lead of your volt meter in the center of the battery post and the negative lead on the other end of the positve cable and hit the starter. You should have less than .5 volts. Repeat the process for the negative cable. If either show any significant voltage from one end to the other of the cable, you have some resistance somewhere. Clean or replace your battery cables/terminals. Good luck...I hope I am wrong and the battery is a permanant fix.

...WOOOO HOOOO!!!!
Longhorn321 is offline   Reply With Quote