The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #26
UKNOWME

Re: halo headlights??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsGreen10 View Post
Buy LED. Direct plug and play. No relays no running extra wire.
Where did you buy yours?
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
UKNOWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:07 PM   #27
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNOWME View Post
Where did you buy yours?
I have JW Speaker 8700 EVO 2. Best price I found was Amazon. Plus they are made here in the USA!! No Chinese made knock off stuff.

Last edited by RodsGreen10; 05-24-2016 at 07:12 PM.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #28
VintageCarLED

Quote:
Buy LED. Direct plug and play. No relays no running extra wire.

I agree! Check us out if you are still interested in a true "Plug and Play" solution that requires no changes or modifications to your harness, body, or buckets. Our headlights look nearly identical to stock OEM lights while still giving a MASSIVE improvement to the old Halogen lights.

http://www.vintagecarleds.com/

You can reach us anytime with questions, our contact info is on our website.
VintageCarLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #29
dapperlighting

LEDs are great but just be careful. Some of the cheaper LED kits can be unreliable. JWspeakers are $500+ for a reason...
dapperlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:02 PM   #30
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperlighting View Post
LEDs are great but just be careful. Some of the cheaper LED kits can be unreliable. JWspeakers are $500+ for a reason...
I agree with both the posts above me. LED's IMO are the way to go! With saying that you pay for what you get. That is why my JW Speakers did cost over $500. No one on the LED market can touch the optics of JW.
Both venders have a better option than what cam stock. Some like LED's some like HID different strokes for different folks.

To one vendor above and one poster who isn't a vendor it would be nice if you all to explain for the people who do not know about optics beam patterns light scatter. This way people can be educated on what they are buying.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #31
dapperlighting

Quote:
I agree with both the posts above me. LED's IMO are the way to go! With saying that you pay for what you get. That is why my JW Speakers did cost over $500. No one on the LED market can touch the optics of JW.
Both venders have a better option than what cam stock. Some like LED's some like HID different strokes for different folks.

To one vendor above and one poster who isn't a vendor it would be nice if you all to explain for the people who do not know about optics beam patterns light scatter. This way people can be educated on what they are buying.
Absolutely. Both are really different products designed for different parts of the market. We produce high end modern engineered headlamps that use projectors to efficiently and effectively project light onto the road rather than drop in LED bulbs into a reflective housing. You can stare directly into our projectors and not be blinded by the light so long as you're under the cutoff line. The same can't really be said with reflective housings. There's a reason OEM car manufacturers use projectors on high end vehicles.

We're an established company thats been around for 7 years and distribute to the large retailers such as Classic Industries and Ecklers. There's a ton of info on our website. I highly encourage people to learn about lighting before they make a purchase. There's a lot of garbage out there and you really get what you pay for in this field.

https://www.dapperlighting.com/pages/watch-and-learn

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. We're here to educate!
Old 06-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #32
AnotherWs6

Quote:
We specialize in projector headlight upgrades for classic cars. Check out our website here: https://www.dapperlighting.com/colle...tor-headlights

Here's also some quick videos about our products.
The stang and pickup both look like they just got hypnotized. The pickup actually looks hypnotized and terrified, like someone hypnotized it and then told it that they were gonna pour a bag of sand in its valve cover.

I think a good upgraded light should just look clean, not gimmicky. I just want to see a nice clean, clear lense.
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:34 PM   #33
VintageCarLED

I'm not going to pretend that our headlights are as good as projector or JW Speaker as far as beam pattern. If you don't mind they way they look and you have unlimited money to spend then they are the way to go.

However, if you don't want your headlights to look like they came off of a 2005 Acura or have a limited budget, I think our solution is the best.

I created Vintage Car LEDs with a friend of mine in order to offer a solution that retains the OEM "Classic" look but still offers the performance of LEDs at a price that normal car guys can afford. I have driven a classic car as my daily driver for the last 15 years and I put my life and the life of my 4 children on the line every time I get behind the wheel and I'll never go back to sealed beams.

Our company is never going to take over the world, but we feel like we have an excellent product that fills a specific need. We've sold over 400 lights and we have yet to have an unhappy customer.
VintageCarLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #34
dapperlighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
The stang and pickup both look like they just got hypnotized. The pickup actually looks hypnotized and terrified, like someone hypnotized it and then told it that they were gonna pour a bag of sand in its valve cover.

I think a good upgraded light should just look clean, not gimmicky. I just want to see a nice clean, clear lense.
Ha! That's some excellent imagery to think of. The Mustang and C10 both have our V2 headlights with the bigger projectors meaning it's a little less subtle than other headlights.

We have V1's that have smaller projectors making it a little less wide-eyed while still getting the performance of a real projector.

Here's a customer's car with our V1's in them.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2016, 03:41 PM   #35
AnotherWs6

^^^^That looks a lot cleaner.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #36
dapperlighting

Quote:
^^^^That looks a lot cleaner.
Haha, Yea. The surprised look is a comment we get a lot and it's understandable.

I said this several posts above, but it's definitely tough to choose between the performance of real projectors and preserving the stock appearance. For some people, however, being able to see at night or in low light conditions makes it worth the visual trade-off.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #37
hatzie

Thumbs up Re: halo headlights??

The Halos aren't my thing. Personal preference. The world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things.

The V1 series lamps actually look pretty clean on that C10. No identity crisis.

The fact that there are finally real Projector lenses for swapping HID lamps into sealed beam buckets is a good thing. No more excuses for the folks that just can't do without HID bulbs.
Just say no to HID in Halogen housings. The projector housings cost more than doing it wrong. SO WHAT. Don't be "that guy". Man up and do it right. You'll get more usable light too.
Remember. You're not the only one driving on that road. My stepfather and mother are on that road too. Their 75 year old eyes don't recover from being blasted with illegally bright lights as well as you youngsters and it hacks the rest of us off. I guarantee several well liked board members are in that age range too and the rest have loved family members in that age range that are just fine night driving as long as we all exercise some common courtesy.
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.
hatzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:33 PM   #38
AnotherWs6

You don't need to be 75 for such things to be an issue. Remember that a lot of us don't have great eyes to begin with, so age can only add to it. I hate driving at night in general, feel like I can't see a damn thing. Then getting blinded.....
Old 06-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #39
dapperlighting

Here's some comparison footage of night driving.

https://youtu.be/tAi3Gsv7os4
Old 06-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #40
AnotherWs6

Nice. So what do your V1's look like?
Old 06-02-2016, 08:44 PM   #41
hatzie

Quote:
Nice. So what do your V1's look like?
Post #34...

Quote:
You don't need to be 75 for such things to be an issue. Remember that a lot of us don't have great eyes to begin with, so age can only add to it. I hate driving at night in general, feel like I can't see a damn thing. Then getting blinded.....
Yup. I'm 50 and mine don't recover like they did 25 years ago.
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.
hatzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:22 AM   #42
Rockbottom78

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Here's my 78' with ambers. I wired them on a stand alone switch so I can turn em on solo. Top pic is with low beams on.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #43
C1ph3r

Quote:
If I had to describe Dapper Lighting in one blurb, it'd be "newer lighting in your older car".

It's definitely tough to choose between the performance of real projectors and preserving the stock appearance. For some people, however, being able to see at night or in low light conditions makes it worth the visual trade-off. You're also not going to be blinding anybody else on the road (unless you want to with our highs).

That picture of the truck above has the Chrome V2's which has the bigger projector. It's a little less subtle.

Our Chrome V1's is what many purists get since it has our smallest projector, preserving as much of the stock appearance as possible but still having the performance of a real projector. I've included a link here for anybody's convenience

Either way, inadequate lighting from stock sealed beams a common complaint from many classic car owners and we're trying our best to provide a practical and stylish solution for everyone, everywhere!

In case anyone is interested, we're actually having a Memorial Day Sale (use code "MEMDAY20") for 20% (almost $100) off any V2 headlight kits!
Do yall make the lights in house? Reason I ask is i LOVE the blacked out V1. I would like to see it with some demon eyes and the shroud also painted black. Can yall do this or would I need to do it? I am not apposed to it. Can you tell me what projector it is used in the V1? Sorry to thread jack.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #44
Leonard60

I don't know much about headlights but I have 2015 gmc truck with projectors and they are by far the worst set of headlight I have ever owned. I complained bitterly to my dealer who did an upgrade which wasn't much better. So I switched to LEDs supplied by the dealer these were much better but still not the greatest. Now I'm about to install hids and see if that's any better. At night if it's raining you can't see anything even worse if you meet someone. Maybe GM is using cheap version but I'm very very unimpressed with projector head light now. Ill have to see good ones before I'll believe there any good. My 2001 gmc with stock headlights and my 2008 were far better.
Leonard60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #45
DieselSJ

Dang, I wish I had known about those projectors before I bought my Hella e-code. Still for less than $100, I have lighting that is way better than stock and it retains a totally stock look on the truck. I'll probably do those projectors on my Jeep though.
DieselSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:42 PM   #46
dapperlighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselSJ View Post
Dang, I wish I had known about those projectors before I bought my Hella e-code. Still for less than $100, I have lighting that is way better than stock and it retains a totally stock look on the truck. I'll probably do those projectors on my Jeep though.
We're happy to help! Just give us a ring and someone will walk you through our options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard60 View Post
I don't know much about headlights but I have 2015 gmc truck with projectors and they are by far the worst set of headlight I have ever owned. I complained bitterly to my dealer who did an upgrade which wasn't much better. So I switched to LEDs supplied by the dealer these were much better but still not the greatest. Now I'm about to install hids and see if that's any better. At night if it's raining you can't see anything even worse if you meet someone. Maybe GM is using cheap version but I'm very very unimpressed with projector head light now. Ill have to see good ones before I'll believe there any good. My 2001 gmc with stock headlights and my 2008 were far better.
Yep unfortunately some of the stuff coming out of the new cars has been terrible the last few years. Here is a good article from AAA on this: http://newsroom.aaa.com/2015/05/aaa-...t-limitations/

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1ph3r View Post
Do yall make the lights in house? Reason I ask is i LOVE the blacked out V1. I would like to see it with some demon eyes and the shroud also painted black. Can yall do this or would I need to do it? I am not apposed to it. Can you tell me what projector it is used in the V1? Sorry to thread jack.
Yes we do! Everything is hand assembled and quality tested. We do offer some customization but you would have to give us a call for quotes. The V1 uses a small 42MM projector. It doesn't have the greatest output but it is definitely an upgrade and a balance between fitment, performance, and aesthetics. Give us a ring if you have any questions at all!
Old 10-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #47
DieselSJ

Quote:
We're happy to help! Just give us a ring and someone will walk you through our options.
Thanks! Quick question - what is the difference between the V1 and V2?
DieselSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:36 PM   #48
Leonard60

Yep unfortunately some of the stuff coming out of the new cars has been terrible the last few years. Here is a good article from AAA on this:

So after reading this article as you have suggested it sounds like there is maybe no real good fix for this issue. If I try the HIDs I'm only going to gain about a 28% improvement. This is a pretty sad excuse for a new vehicle.
Leonard60 is offline   Reply With Quote